• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relatively easy win for Mark there, Gareth not playing well at all

next match Mark King vs local player I believe
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes pretty easy one that was for Mark. Btw he should seriously consider losing some weight...I think it may start to hinder his snooker if it gets (more) out of hand.

Anyway always enjoy watching Mark King so looking forward to this one..
      Last edited by daffie; 31 July 2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Don't know how much of this I'll get to see. Kind of busy this weekend.

It's uncanny how many times that happens. I literally don't think there's ever been a PTC that's been ever been televised on a convenient weekend for me.

Comment

Guess what, Trump is cueing well...great stuff

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            Don't know how much of this I'll get to see. Kind of busy this weekend.

It's uncanny how many times that happens. I literally don't think there's ever been a PTC that's been ever been televised on a convenient weekend for me.
            Send them an email, i'm sure they will move them to suit you

Comment

I lost some respect for Doherty after his ridiculous comments about Bingham after Chalkgate.

Comment

I lost some respect for Doherty after his ridiculous comments about Bingham after Chalkgate.
                I must have missed that, what did Doherty say about Bingham and how was Bingham involved in Chalkgate? (if chalkgate was the ROS illegal use of a block of chalk for measuring a space )

Comment

That time Ronnie put the chalk on the table during the World Championships, and the referee didn't call a foul, Doherty claimed that Ronnie was blameless. He pointed out that the referee should know the rules, and should've implemented them. (Fair enough, the referee should have.) But he then claimed that Bingham should shoulder some blame for not pointing this out Ronnie's error to the referee.

Again, that would've been fair enough. But several people on Twitter asked for clarification, saying; "Are you saying that Bingham is more to blame for Ronnie breaking the rules than Ronnie himself?" Doherty replied; "Yes." When asked how he could possibly justify this comment, he replied; "All players should be aware of the rules of the game." Again he was asked; "So, Bingham should be aware of the rules, but Ronnie shouldn't?", and "How then can Ronnie be blameless for breaking the rules?"

Doherty's reply; "I stand by my comments."

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Send them an email, i'm sure they will move them to suit you
                    I might try that.

Comment

That time Ronnie put the chalk on the table during the World Championships, and the referee didn't call a foul, Doherty claimed that Ronnie was blameless. He pointed out that the referee should know the rules, and should've implemented them. (Fair enough, the referee should have.) But he then claimed that Bingham should shoulder some blame for not pointing this out Ronnie's error to the referee.

Again, that would've been fair enough. But several people on Twitter asked for clarification, saying; "Are you saying that Bingham is more to blame for Ronnie breaking the rules than Ronnie himself?" Doherty replied; "Yes." When asked how he could possibly justify this comment, he replied; "All players should be aware of the rules of the game." Again he was asked; "So, Bingham should be aware of the rules, but Ronnie shouldn't?", and "How then can Ronnie be blameless for breaking the rules?"

Doherty's reply; "I stand by my comments."
                      thanks for that

and of course if Bingham had said anything, he would have be lambasted as much as Murphy was after the other "chalk-gate" incident years ago
                      Last edited by DeanH; 31 July 2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Mark Selby ‏@markjesterselby 4m4 minutes ago
                        Disappointed to lose but got a lot more serious things to worry about than losing. Good luck to @kendoherty1997 for rest of comp.

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                          Disappointed to lose but got a lot more serious things to worry about than losing. Good luck to @kendoherty1997 for rest of comp.
                          Is he just being philosophical, or does that refer to off-table troubles?

Comment

What is his worry ?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              thanks for that

and of course if Bingham had said anything, he would have be lambasted as much as Murphy was after the other "chalk-gate" incident years ago
                              The incident itself was a non-event. Ronnie lost the match anyway, so it didn't give him any advantage. I don't believe the rule breaking was deliberate. Also, ultimate responsibility for making sure the rules are kept are the referees, but I believe that was an honest error on the referee's part too.

I just found Ken-Do's comments to be a bit silly, is all. Maybe saying I lost respect was an over reaction, but I feel a pundit should try to be professional when discussing the sport he is commenting on. That was clearly the makings of showing favouritism towards a certain player. He's allowed to have favourites of course, but he should always strive to be as objective as possible if providing expert analysis.

Comment

marriage and baby, gambling? who knows. He's got nothing to worry about really, unless he's ill or a relative is?

Comment

Working...
                                X