No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters 2015 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed with Byrom. Considering that Robertson ate meat before and certainly wasn't a vegan until very recently...
    It must be a psychological turture to force yourself to eat something you don't really enjoy at all day after day.
    Plant based diet...give me a break (pun intended).

Comment

What kind of cue is ebdon playin with these days looks nice but noticed hes playin with wat looks like the blackspin ferrule not seen any players change to this also noticed hes ditched the massive mushroom tip he used to play with

Comment

I believe it is still the Stamford, with their Zenith ferrule which he has had since ~Oct13 but has been known to bring out his old maple now and then.

(http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/New...881611,00.html)
        Last edited by DeanH; 16 September 2015, 07:34 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The BBC have reported that the family bereavement of Mark Selby is his father-in-law.
          http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/34267507

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            The BBC have reported that the family bereavement of Mark Selby is his father-in-law.
            A birth and a death in this tournament.

Comment

Great to see Jamie Cope playing some ok stuff again, hope he does well.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                A birth and a death in this tournament.
                hmm
                maybe this is what Selby alluded to recently after losing and said there are more important things to worry about?

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                  Great to see Jamie Cope playing some ok stuff again, hope he does well.
                  as I mentioned earlier when for once I was rooting for him as he was playing well. He lost focus for a while but stuck in there and pulled the result back

Comment

hmm
                    maybe this is what Selby alluded to recently after losing and said there are more important things to worry about?
                    Yes I remember that.. good call, I reckon he feels close to his in laws if I'm right in saying Selby's own father has passed away and his mother isn't really in touch with him ?

Comment

defo time to leave the event and get back to support his wife and family.
                      These occasions focusses the mind to family and loved ones, and not the job.
                      Prayers to the Selby family.

Comment

defo time to leave the event and get back to support his wife and family.
                        These occasions focusses the mind to family and loved ones, and not the job.
                        Prayers to the Selby family.
                        Yep very true indeed.

Re Jamie Cope - I read he had like the yips or whatever its called.
                        I always thought he could be a bit too reckless at times though with his game, Jack Lisowski seems the same too.. but has potential.

Comment

An interesting day of snooker, both matches going to a decider. I was going to criticize Cope for the lack of a killer instinct after he let a great lead slip, but in the end it's Robertson who gets the criticism again. Yet another decider loss for him, his ratio over the last 18 months or so has been dreadful.

Classic stuff from Murphy as well, hanging in there at 4-1, then he starts to play a bit and ends up winning. Ebdon had plenty of chances to put him out though.

Hopefully I don't have to wait until the middle of the night to watch tomorrow's matches. :smile: It's a decent line-up, but once again the TV choices are just shocking. Specifically, the decision to televise Allen-Grace instead of Higgins-Gould, which is probably the most exciting match of the entire round...

Comment

Have not seen any of the matches this week so far, stupid work ....

I see there is another potential meeting in quarter-finals for MJW and Trump, I mean, is there any other pair that faces each other so regularly?

Comment

Good to see Williams beat Cope and and Holt get beaten
                              as well. Four good matches coming up soon.

Comment

Nice to see Kyren Wilson doing well and Williams seems to be doing well surprisingly since his arm operation - thought he would be on the down slide by now but seems to be competing well still.

Comment

Working...
                                X