No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters 2015 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started to watch Allen V Wilson.........whats with all the kicks, it spoiling the match for me, I'm guessing it's the environment in the arena.
    Aramith must be able to introduce something into the balls to stop this or even some type of cleaner

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      Show me a committed vegan who looks healthy Pat?
      It's the wrong thread and probably the wrong forum for this one mate, so I'll keep it brief. That 40 year old guy just ran practically 2 marathons a day, every day, for a month and a half. Think about that, 47 miles a day every day for 46 days and not just over flat ground either. Can you honestly believe he was not perfectly fit and healthy? He clearly does not suffer from a lack of stamina, which was my original point.

And if the western diet is so nutritious and cow's milk so good for us, why are our hospitals at bursting point, crammed with people who are riddled with osteoporosis, diabetes and all sorts of cancers? It's your point of view and you are entitled to it as you say, but If you're interested, take a look at "The China Study" by Dr. T. Colin Campbell.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, and apologies to all for the off-topic.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        It's the wrong thread and probably the wrong forum for this one mate, so I'll keep it brief. That 40 year old guy just ran practically 2 marathons a day, every day, for a month and a half. Think about that, 47 miles a day every day for 46 days and not just over flat ground either. Can you honestly believe he was not perfectly fit and healthy? He clearly does not suffer from a lack of stamina, which was my original point.

And if the western diet is so nutritious and cow's milk so good for us, why are our hospitals at bursting point, crammed with people who are riddled with osteoporosis, diabetes and all sorts of cancers? It's your point of view and you are entitled to it as you say, but If you're interested, take a look at "The China Study" by Dr. T. Colin Campbell.

Anyway, I'll leave it there, and apologies to all for the off-topic.

-
        Hi Pat - does he look healthy though? - nope not to me he don't. If you click on my link on my previous post you will see that it refers to your Chinese study which many vegans wrongly quote - I don't agree is valid for the reasons the link states so by all means read it first and agree or disagree - but yeah this is a discussion for another time so please read my link and give me your thoughts after by all means.

http://authoritynutrition.com/top-5-...terrible-idea/

Now seem to be dis - agreeing with a few things today - not like me - must be in need of some relaxation - so I am off to get drunk and party the night away - no hard feelings to anyone - Enjoy the snooker
        Last edited by Byrom; 19 September 2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Just finished watching the Bingham/Trump match - started off superbly for both getting clearances and table time, then Bingham seem to lose his focus after the MSI.
          Looking forward to watching the non-live Wilson/Allen match later
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Trump in the finals which is always exciting.
            Allen seems to run out of energy and tire
            easily. He didnt seem to be in the match.
            Wilson played better tho and deserved the
            win. Good match up for the finals.
            Trump should take it handily.

Comment

Hi Pat - does he look healthy though? - nope not to me he don't.....
              Has it occurred to you that your interpretation of visual indicators of health may not be objectively correct? I'm not in an authoritative position to say whether he's healthy or not, but I see a lot of people walking around on 'ordinary diets' that look a lot less healthy to me.

I'm not sure that 'he looks a bit milky, it must be his funny diet' is necessarily an objective assessment from a sports science perspective.

Comment

Well looks to me like he would benefit more from a nice steak n chips - but this is a discussion for another thread - enjoy your snooker n have a nice weekend.

Comment

Live stream here: http://snookerroom.tv/live/
                  I think, there is no coverage on TV in Europe.

This time I am rooting for Trump really lot. I just dont like Wilson is cueing .... It hurts my eyes.

Comment

Is Eurosport for real? Dissapointing!
                    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

hm, as always they show the whole week and then when it gets down to the crunch they go to a sport that is only on at the weekend and (for the tennis) is also available on two other channels (one free)

I recall in one of the recent Snooker Scene articles about television coverage and that Eurosport have said they will be expanding their coverage, as snooker is one of their best in viewing figures. I assume that investment has not started yet, but I think that snooker will still be bumped for weekend sports

Maybe this investment will be for another channel
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Eurosport don't give a damn about snooker. They use it as a cheap option to fill lots of hours midweek. To not show the final live is unacceptable, even with a difficult to balance weekend programme schedule. They are merely pretending to be committed to the sport, when in truth, it's really all about what suits their budget best.

Comment

Would like to see Wilson win this one, even though he does look like a Victorian ghost.

Comment

yeah but look at the guys arms and legs seen more meat on a butchers pencil
                            He'd just ran 2,200 miles so he's hardly going to need to go to weight watchers
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

8-5 Wilson, now... but Trump's had two heavy runs of balls in the last few frames. He at least appears to have his 'groove' back for now.

I've no dog in this hunt, for the most part... but I'm leaning towards wanting Wilson to hold his nerve and win this; it would (obviously) be the biggest moment thus far, by far, in his career.

Comment

http://www.fri.tv/Tv.aspx

Hope it isn't too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X