No announcement yet.

International Championship 2015 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, a great display from Higgins, although the match was a bit short as a result, and Robertson won pretty quickly as well. I would have preferred to see more snooker... :smile: Anyway, good signs for Higgins, he now has prolonged patches of good form, not just a couple of frames here and there as was the case a year ago. At his age he will have off days as well, but it's looking like it might be a good season for him.

It's a shame most of the Chinese players lost yesterday and this morning, quite a few of them in deciders as well. Ding should have won really, he had a bunch of chances at 4-2 and 4-3 up and failed to push on. For some reason he really struggles to beat Day. I hope the tournament will be well supported over the next few days, regardless of Ding's loss, because it looks like a really nice venue for snooker. :smile:

Comment

what happen there? it was 5-5 an gilbert on 30, fu has a 69 an its all over right? then gilbert dishes and wins it on the black?
      very classy

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        what happen there? it was 5-5 an gilbert on 30, fu has a 69 an its all over right? then gilbert dishes and wins it on the black?
        very classy
        Similar story to the match he played at the Shanghai Masters a little more than a year ago. It was the decider against Zhao Xintong, Fu was on a good break and just needed one more ball, but missed a very easy blue to the middle, and Zhao cleared the table to win on the black (by 1 point I think). And here Fu just needed one more red, didn't get position, then played a poor safety battle, and Gilbert cleared to win on the black. :wink:

Good win for Thepchaiya Un-Nooh as well, four deciders in a row. I suppose Un-Nooh vs Gilbert is not exactly the match most people wanted to see in the semi-finals, especially as it's a rare best-of-17, but it should be interesting nonetheless. :smile:

Looking forward to Selby-Robertson now!

Comment

I hope everyone knows that 'snookerroom.tv' live streams all the matches and they also post everything to youtube in case the time difference gets to you as it does to me. Watched the entire Higgins/Murphy match yesterday on youtube and plan to watch another one today while I'm practicing this morning.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hope Un-Nooh goes on to win

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              I hope everyone knows that 'snookerroom.tv' live streams all the matches and they also post everything to youtube in case the time difference gets to you as it does to me. Watched the entire Higgins/Murphy match yesterday on youtube and plan to watch another one today while I'm practicing this morning.
              yep of course, but unfortunately stuck at work where such sites are barred by corporate policy , so kept an eye on the LiveScore off WS, and will watch my records later
              The Fu-Gilbert looked great and cant wait to see the pictures
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                yep of course, but unfortunately stuck at work where such sites are barred by corporate policy , so kept an eye on the LiveScore off WS, and will watch my records later
                The Fu-Gilbert looked great and cant wait to see the pictures
                Dont know if this will help you at all Dean but this youtube page usually uploads matches quite quickly :

https://www.youtube.com/user/Snookerroomru/videos

( Youtube thankfully isnt banned by my workplace ----- looks around for bosses O_o )

Comment

cheers for that, how quickly do the frames tend to appear after real-time?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It can vary to be honest and not all matches are featured.

For example the Allen v Un-Nooh match was uploaded about 1 hour ago.

Comment

Oh well, it wasn't exactly a classic, certainly not compared to some other recent matches between these two. From what we've seen this week, Selby will probably start second favourite against Higgins, but the winner of that semi-final will be a big favourite in the final, because the other two semi-finalists are both debutants at this stage of major events.

I was watching the Higgins match as well, it got a bit scrappy from 4-0 onwards, but Higgins did enough to go through. Nice pot on that final pink. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        Oh well, it wasn't exactly a classic, certainly not compared to some other recent matches between these two. From what we've seen this week, Selby will probably start second favourite against Higgins, but the winner of that semi-final will be a big favourite in the final, because the other two semi-finalists are both debutants at this stage of major events.

I was watching the Higgins match as well, it got a bit scrappy from 4-0 onwards, but Higgins did enough to go through. Nice pot on that final pink. :smile:
                        Coral have Selby as favourite which tbh was what I expected,I kind of go with their thinking too.

Comment

Watching the highlights, with a beer.

My diet dies. Again.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                            Watching the highlights, with a beer.
                            This Galereux from Lidl was a find. Less than £2.50 for a four,-pack, and it's damn nice stuff.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SooKffDKOjM

Can anyone explain why the frame didn't continue after Un-Nooh went in off the final black, surely Mark Allen could still have won it after that?

Comment

Originally Posted by Gus Teunissen-High View Post
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SooKffDKOjM

Can anyone explain why the frame didn't continue after Un-Nooh went in off the final black, surely Mark Allen could still have won it after that?
                                He had already won the frame, the black was irrelevant

Comment

Working...
                                X