International Championship 2015 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Skypigeon View Post
    where can I find streaming for Higgins's quarter??
    assuming you mean the match against Perry and not the live one on now
    probably available here

https://www.youtube.com/user/Snookerroomru/videos
    Last edited by DeanH; 31 October 2015, 11:39 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

thanks but I want a live stream and it seems ony to have old ones?
      2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

try snookerroom.tv for the live semifinal

Comment

Doesn't seem to work for me....I thought the second session would start att 11.30....maybe I was wrong! I'll try to hook up later! Thanks!

Comment

it did start at 11.30 UK and is on now on British Eurosport

anyone else with a working stream?

Comment

Never in doubt really, well done to John Higgins. He now has a chance to win his third major event of 2015, which seemed unthinkable even a year ago. And he has been quite lucky with his final opponents as well, Woollaston, Gould and now Gilbert. But of course he still needs to do the business. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                9-0 or 9-3 higgins, monies going on
                close, but no cigar

Comment

wtf is happening in the snooker world right know. a self called journeyman is winning his 3rd ranker of the year and 2nd of the season. this is so wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
                    wtf is happening in the snooker world right know. a self called journeyman is winning his 3rd ranker of the year and 2nd of the season. this is so wrong.
                    Nothing wrong with that mate! He's just the best!

Comment

Just a quick prediction before I go to bed...

The first time I saw Gilbert play was in the 1st round of the 2007 World Championship, where I believe he led Stephen Hendry 5-1 at one point, but just started missing a few when he had a real chance to run away with the match, and he ended up losing 10-7. We didn't see him much on TV in the following years, but the best match I saw him play was probably in the 2009 Welsh Open, where he thrashed Mark Williams in the final qualifying round (the match was held over to the venue) with some great one-visit snooker. He scores really well when he is on form and he can be quite fluent, so it's a little surprising he hasn't had more success in the game. It's not just that he hasn't won anything, he doesn't even get through the early rounds all that often. It could all change after tomorrow though. This will be the biggest match of his life, kind of like it was for Woollaston and Gould when they faced Higgins in ranking finals recently. I am not expecting him to win, but I do hope he does himself justice and plays the way he has been all week. :smile:

As for Higgins, not much to be said really. A chance to win his third major title in a little over six months, which would again put him among the best players in the world after a few years of mediocrity. He has a habit of starting these finals really well and stamping his authority on the match, and it takes a good player to respond to that. It's a question whether Gilbert has the experience and the mental strength to do that, particularly since he has never been in this position before, and the pressure of the occasion might get to him a little. And even if it doesn't, there is still the huge task of actually beating an in-form Higgins in a two-session snooker match. I will go for a 10-4 win for Higgins, but obviously I am hoping for a closer match. :smile:

Comment

Yea I mostly see him play in the premier league/champions league whatever it is called now and you can tell he's got a game that can take you to higher spots in the rankings.

Comment

an enjoyable first session
                          it did seem from the start of Eurosport coverage that Gilbert needed Higgins to miss for him to get any headway but after the msi he regained composure and showed his game
                          looking forward to 11:30
                          Last edited by DeanH; 1 November 2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Gilbert is handling the pressure pretty well, but unfortunately for him, Higgins has been relentless. Yet another crucial clearance, he's made three or four like that in his televised matches this week. :smile:

Comment

wtf. 3 rankers in one year after not having won for nearly 3 years.

Comment

Well done to David Gilbert for getting to, and playing pretty well in, his first ranking major final, now rank 21, biggest pay cheque (I am sure his new wife will have that taken care of :wink, and hopefully a springboard to good times
                                But unfortunately he came up against John Higgins who was just playing near-perfect snooker all event.

Comment

Working...
                                X