International Championship 2015 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to say at the end of the week?

Pretty good event as a whole. Once again it showed that the slightly longer matches just make for better entertainment, and certainly the two-session semi-finals are a very good idea, even if they were a bit one-sided on this occasion. The venue looked really good as well, some matches didn't get much of an audience, but the last couple of days were really well supported, which is not always guaranteed in the Chinese events. I hope snooker returns to Daqing next year.

Very well done to Eurosport for this week as well. I know I criticize them a lot, and I think for good reason, but on this occasion they actually showed both sessions of the final live, along with everything else. And they were starting the matches at 7am as well, getting the likes of Johnson out of bed to commentate, unlike some other events where they miss the first three or four frames. :smile:

The snooker itself was nothing special, although certainly not bad either. Well done to John Higgins for winning his third major title of 2015, and I'm sure he will regard this one as the biggest of the three, not just because of the high prize money, but also because of the way he played throughout the week. Credit to Gilbert as well. A few years from now someone might be looking through old results and see his 10-5 defeat, and probably think he played rather poorly, like a lot of surprising finalists do when facing the likes of Higgins, O'Sullivan, Selby and others. But not the case here at all, Gilbert never really cracked under pressure, but Higgins played the kind of snooker that had made him favourite in the first place.

I was so busy last week that I missed the deadline for the fantasy game I'm playing, but even here luck has stayed with me, because I had Higgins in my team, and who knows whether I might have traded him had I had the chance. :wink:

Looking forward to more snooker in November. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
      wtf. 3 rankers in one year after not having won for nearly 3 years.
      Maybe he thinks people have forgiven him now and is ok to start winning again! 😆

Comment

What a 2015 it's been for Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
          What a 2015 it's been for Higgins.
          been said before but class is permanent

Comment

the monster just tor through everyone, an every time someone put up a fight higgi just slapped them back into place an carried on tearing

Comment

no respect for this guy

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Maybe he thinks people have forgiven him now and is ok to start winning again!
                doesn't look like it
                Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                no respect for this guy
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Maybe he thinks people have forgiven him now and is ok to start winning again! ��
                  He won the World's the year he got caught did he not?
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                    He won the World's the year he got caught did he not?
                    Was it not when he just got knocked out that he went to Russia ?? or wherever, maybe i'm mistaken

Comment

he won the WSC after his return from the ban
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Higgins is one of the best three players in the history of the game. However, whether you like it or not, his reputation is in the gutter for anyone other than his blinkered acolytes.

Comment

Probably the second best all all-round player ever behind Hendry.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Probably the second best all all-round player ever behind Hendry.
                            Hendry can be called a lot of things, but best all-round player ? Hendry was a compromiseless attacking player. If he had the safety play of Higgins, Davis or O´Sullivan. He would still be winning titles by now, but he didn´t have that game and it seemed like he didn´t want to change his approch to the game either.
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Ok I agree probably the best then

Comment

Still hard to believe Higgins has won 2 ranking events already this season and 28 for his career. I honestly thought his winning days were behind him
                                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X