No announcement yet.

International Championship 2015 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ding Junhui will be glad that Higgins won. Read from some where that he would be out of Champion of champions if Gilbert won.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
      I think Ding Junhui will be glad that Higgins won. Read from some where that he would be out of Champion of champions if Gilbert won.
      is not Higgins in the CoC because he won the Australian Open this season?
      Higgins is already at CoC because he won the Welsh Open earlier this year.
      Last edited by DeanH; 2 November 2015, 04:03 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        is not Higgins in the CoC because he won the Australian Open this season?
        Higgins is already at CoC because he won the Welsh Open earlier this year.
        I guess one of them should read Ding 😆

Comment

Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
          oops, I missed read your post, you are correct I have also read that if either Gilbert or Un-Nooh has won, Ding could have have been out of the CoC.
          As Higgins now has two win in the 12month qualifying period he is now seeded for the CoC group stage.
          Ding could still be out if the winner of Bulgaria is a new winner-name.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          I guess one of them should read Ding ��
          sorry?
          Higgins won the 2015 Welsh and the 2015 Aus, have I missed something?
          Last edited by DeanH; 2 November 2015, 08:12 PM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'm confused lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Maybe he thinks people have forgiven him now and is ok to start winning again! 😆
              I haven't, I'm still bitter re his shenanigans haha

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                I haven't, I'm still bitter re his shenanigans haha
                You do realise the bloke who "exposed" him is facing a jail term for perverting the course of justice, witness tampering and falsifying evidence?

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  You do realise the bloke who "exposed" him is facing a jail term for perverting the course of justice, witness tampering and falsifying evidence?
                  I didnt know that no, however I do feel that JH was guilty and was trying to make some fast money.
                  Its old news I know mate really and all comes down to personal opinion

Comment

I didnt know that no, however I do feel that JH was guilty and was trying to make some fast money.
                    Its old news I know mate really and all comes down to personal opinion
                    I do remember watching the NOTW world video sting and it didn't look good for Higgins, but the newspaper in question was scummy and accused of all sorts. If you think back to the phone tapping and the Milly Dowler fiasco then, anything's possible. Yes, Higgins was guilty, but probably of naivety more than anything and led on more by his then manager Pat Mooney.
                    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                      I do remember watching the NOTW world video sting and it didn't look good for Higgins, but the newspaper in question was scummy and accused of all sorts. If you think back to the phone tapping and the Milly Dowler fiasco then, anything's possible. Yes, Higgins was guilty, but probably of naivety more than anything and led on more by his then manager Pat Mooney.
                      Yes indeed they were a bit scummy and underhand, like you said there is evidence of that.
                      I'm not sure he was naive though, to me he looked very comfortable, even making suggestions of how he could swallow those 300,000 euros haha

Comment

Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                        My opinion was more that they gave Higgins a few drinks, and got him to admit something stupid. Higgins was known to like a drink. I think he did something very stupid, but how much more was there than that?

Wasn't there some rumour that the NOTW tried to refuse handing over the unedited footage of the film, unless Higgins signed to say he wouldn't sue them?

It looked bad at first, and I didn't believe Higgins story about the mafia. That was quite obviously a lie. But to me, I'm not sure how much I trust the other side either.

Comment

In my opinion Higgins is guilty of stupidity and greed. I do not think he would seek out this kind of thing because I believe he genuinely loves the game. However, once it dropped in his lap thanks to his manager, I think he saw an easy way to make even more money and went along with it. He clearly was not scared or intimidated at any point. Higgins comes across as incredibly dim, and this behaviour goes along with that. My objection is more to the token punishment he received compared with that of someone lower down the rankings. And don't cite the size of the fine. That's chicken feed set against what Higgins is worth. He got off way too lightly.

Comment

Yes indeed they were a bit scummy and underhand, like you said there is evidence of that.
                            I'm not sure he was naive though, to me he looked very comfortable, even making suggestions of how he could swallow those 300,000 euros haha
                            Higgins is one of my favourite players and when I saw that video I thought that me finished with him. Once I started thinking about other stuff and the paper in question I thought, well, anything's possible.

The one thing that was a mystery to me is why would he need to risk his career for a couple of hundred thousand when he's made a few million from the game. I could see someone who's struggling doing something like that, but not really a top player unless greed comes in to it?
                            John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                              My opinion was more that they gave Higgins a few drinks, and got him to admit something stupid. Higgins was known to like a drink. I think he did something very stupid, but how much more was there than that?

Wasn't there some rumour that the NOTW tried to refuse handing over the unedited footage of the film, unless Higgins signed to say he wouldn't sue them?

It looked bad at first, and I didn't believe Higgins story about the mafia. That was quite obviously a lie. But to me, I'm not sure how much I trust the other side either.
                              I've been doing a Google search on that, but I don't see anything indexed about signing documents with NOTW.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                                In my opinion Higgins is guilty of stupidity and greed. I do not think he would seek out this kind of thing because I believe he genuinely loves the game. However, once it dropped in his lap thanks to his manager, I think he saw an easy way to make even more money and went along with it. He clearly was not scared or intimidated at any point. Higgins comes across as incredibly dim, and this behaviour goes along with that. My objection is more to the token punishment he received compared with that of someone lower down the rankings. And don't cite the size of the fine. That's chicken feed set against what Higgins is worth. He got off way too lightly.
                                The one thing that struck out and he didn't deny was that, he tried to bet against himself in the world finals v Murphy and the girl refused the bet (I think it was Ladbrokes) questioned why he would do that and reported it due to the amount of money on the table. As for the NOTW stuff ............................

Comment

Working...
                                X