No announcement yet.

UK Championship '15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was watching White vs Wilson match tomorrow. Definitely not the best of the matches. Caught a bit of Ding v Duffy too, did not like that one either.
    The shot that Michael White played at 2:35:10 of the video, it must be one of the worst pro shots I have seen in my snooker watching years - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpE_98rX5WE
    I know, it was miscue, but anyway, dreadful shot!

Comment

I'm still not that keen on the 128 format over nearly two weeks, probably because the first week isn't televised

Looking forward to the real tournament opening up over the weekend and it's going to be a hard one to predict with the shorter formats.
      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tariq View Post
        The lack of coverage is pathetic, a couple of dodgy stream sites or small grainy images online? Thumbs up Hearn....
        I don't think the BBC have ever shown this tournament for more than the 9 days from the first saturday to last sunday,and Eurosport show tournaments without even showing the final so I'd prefer a silent dodgy stream to them anyway.
        Last edited by trains; 25 November 2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Blimey, Ding's press conference turned into a bit of a swearing festival - he said the tables were "f... crap, it's for amateurs" I never liked Ding and I'm delighted he's out, but that seems entirely out of character for him(of course for all I know, in Chinese he's a right foul-mouthed git)

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            Blimey, Ding's press conference turned into a bit of a swearing festival - he said the tables were "f... crap, it's for amateurs" I never liked Ding and I'm delighted he's out, but that seems entirely out of character for him(of course for all I know, in Chinese he's a right foul-mouthed git)
            Personally I would have loved to see Ding in the one table matches, but in contrary to Ding Duff had no trouble getting snookers and getting back to the rails when needed, and when he was out of position he potted the balls in front of him, so the tables notthe only thing to blame. As I saw it, Ding played some questionable safeaties and took some silly shots on.
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

sign of a player under pressure...

imho, regardless of the sport, regardless of the situation any professional player of any sport cant f and geoff at press conferences. Hope he gets a few grand fine - or better still a few grand sanction on his seasons winnings.
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Quite enjoying watching the trump game both very fluid players

Comment

Not that it's great swearing in a press conference, but I can't really criticise Ding, it can be the most frustrating game in the world.
                  WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                  Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Trump also had a cold as well, gonna have two days of rest now

Comment

well I thought he played well n pinched a few frames with great clearances - he's a top banana playing like that with a cold....talent that is - my money is on him to win the whole thing

Comment

Not the first time Ding has had a little moan & rant, here is a little clip from 2012 :

Comment

That's funny! I'm amazed it doesn't happen more often lol. You're as angry as you've been in the last 6 months and they stick a camera in your face and start doing in interview.
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            That's funny! I'm amazed it doesn't happen more often lol. You're as angry as you've been in the last 6 months and they stick a camera in your face and start doing in interview.
                            Ha, very true, must be hard really to give an interview when you are still raw and full of emotion after a match

Comment

Congrats to Aditya Mehta,4 nil down and came back to win in a relegation dogfight.
                              Commiserations to Walker but glad Li Hang just won,v Ricky Walden next,could be a good match.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                well I thought he played well n pinched a few frames with great clearances - he's a top banana playing like that with a cold....talent that is - my money is on him to win the whole thing
                                I saw the last two frames. Very entertaining, but I guess Trump won´t get as many open chances in the rest of the tournament. Miah kept leaving open chances and it seemed like Judd Trump had figured out that it was the case so he kept the match open.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X