Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Un-Nooh missed black for 147. Was he put off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-Nooh missed black for 147. Was he put off?

Watched Un-Nooh attempted max earlier on and as he was about to strike the cue ball on the final black a player could be heard two tables away (behind Un-Nooh) taking their shot! Un-Nooh rose from the table after missing the black and looked over to the table where play had continiued. John Virgo commentating had said that the players had actually stopped playing on the other tables earlier in the break.

No. His arse just fell out all over the floor.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

He simply didn't look at it, as he said in the interview afterwards, he was thinking about everything else.
      That last red though, what a fantastic shot that was and a real shame that he took the easy black for granted, lesson for us all there.

Comment

Played it way too hard imo. not giving it every chance to drop in

Comment

Have to feel sorry for the poor kid. Love the way he approaches the game....quick and makes it look easy

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            He simply didn't look at it, as he said in the interview afterwards, he was thinking about everything else.
            That last red though, what a fantastic shot that was and a real shame that he took the easy black for granted, lesson for us all there.
            Nothing is easy under that pressure. Didn't take it for granted. It's easy to miss that shot from that side of the table as a left hander, playing with a touch of left hand side. The pros just make timing those shots look easy time and time again.
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Having seen a few top pros miss an easy last black on a 147, my opinion is that they should take a leaf out of Cliff Thorburn's last black breather before attempting the shot. Cliff took a walk back to his seat, took a sip of his water, cleaned his cue before slowly walking back and looking at the black. This composure slows down the excitement and normalise blood flow which is good for the all important shot, unless you are a seasoned competition 147 player.

Comment

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
                Having seen a few top pros miss an easy last black on a 147, my opinion is that they should take a leaf out of Cliff Thorburn's last black breather before attempting the shot. Cliff took a walk back to his seat, took a sip of his water, cleaned his cue before slowly walking back and looking at the black. This composure slows down the excitement and normalise blood flow which is good for the all important shot, unless you are a seasoned competition 147 player.
                I think Cliff took his "breather" on the 14th black (break 105) rather than the last one. It certainly worked for him though.

Comment

Ah, good luck mate

Poor lad missing that, it will haunt him for a while you'd think, Ken says it still haunts him, just shows anything is missable under pressure.
                  After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    Nothing is easy under that pressure. Didn't take it for granted. It's easy to miss that shot from that side of the table as a left hander, playing with a touch of left hand side. The pros just make timing those shots look easy time and time again.
                    Well said, as a left hander thats a shot that I miss quite frequently, that particular angle at least.

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
                      Played it way too hard imo. not giving it every chance to drop in
                      Far too hard and he was hitting low on the cue ball like he was going for position and that sealed his fate. The correct shot would have been centre ball striking with the minimum of spin and at a soft pace aiming towards the far jaw. Especially with the shot he was presented with that had the pocket out of his eye line meaning he had to flick his eyes more. I don't agree with Hendry's remarks that it's not a good idea to pause for composure or having the balls cleaned because most players will benefit from doing just that and giving themselves time to process what is going on.

I don't know how it works behind the scenes of world snooker but I hope he got some attention after that and maybe will get calls from a few big wigs to commiserate and cheer him up. He's far from home and looked like a broken man after that and I really felt for the guy. He was sitting there with his head in his hands and Thorn and Taylor were laughing about it. I was watching the Judd Trump match and they switched to Un-Nooh mid break which I think is a first because I've seen the coverage and commentary switch before but never the coverage but not the commentary.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Yeah hope he gets consoled too, he didnt realise about the money too during the max attempt.

Is it just me or did you get the feeling Robertson was kinda glad he missed it?

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                          Yeah hope he gets consoled too, he didnt realise about the money too during the max attempt.

Is it just me or did you get the feeling Robertson was kinda glad he missed it?
                          haha well he went on to make a 145 right after....pure class but yea I really felt for Un-Nooh....the money would have been a big deal for him and it was so cruel how he missed....made some unbelievable pots the whole break. Could have been in the top 3 best 147s ever made.

Comment

He was invited to go on TFI Friday with Chris Evans , but declined .

it would have been great for his profile as a lot of celebs go on that program

Comment

He looks like a great player. It's a great shame but I hope he'll bounce back. He's great to watch, with a great touch. I really felt for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X