Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Un-Nooh missed black for 147. Was he put off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no I don't think it was Judd's table, as they were quiet and looking on as they knew what was happening; but the table further along, a player played a shot at the exact moment Un-Nooh started his stroke on the black.
    I cant quite make out who was on that table.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      no I don't think it was Judd's table, as they were quiet and looking on as they knew what was happening; but the table further along, a player played a shot at the exact moment Un-Nooh started his stroke on the black.
      I cant quite make out who was on that table.
      It was Mark Joyce. He played his shot like 0,5 second before Un-Nooh, you can hear it in the videos on youtube

Comment

I've watched the final black a few times now, and he flicks his eyes to the cue ball on the strike, fatal to take your eye off the object ball but he did it and paid the price, something Robertson didn't do on his final black yesterday.

Comment

I don't think he was put off or interrupted in any way. The 3 neighboring tables had actually stopped playing game and you can see Judd Trump watching the game in the back ground. The 14th black was awesome and the 15th red was simply brilliant and Uh Nooh was getting all the silence and quiet one needed. The only reason he missed the last black was probably he was too easy with it. It was a standard black on the spot shot which normally every player practice and play like 100's of times everyday. He played the last ball a little too hard, maybe because of excitement or the pressure and missed it.

What really amazed me was that none of the other players felt any sorry for Uh Nooh. Maybe they were relieved that the 30k prize money was still available. The entire audience, of all the 4 tables, felt sorry for him and you can see them all doing face-palm and feeling really sorry for the guy but none of the players were. They continued the game the moment he missed the last black like it was none of their business
          I Admire Ding, Adore Judd & Would do ANYTHING to play like Ronnie.

Comment

Originally Posted by _Harry_Potter_ View Post
            What really amazed me was that none of the other players felt any sorry for Uh Nooh. Maybe they were relieved that the 30k prize money was still available. The entire audience, of all the 4 tables, felt sorry for him and you can see them all doing face-palm and feeling really sorry for the guy but none of the players were. They continued the game the moment he missed the last black like it was none of their business
            It was already a big enough distraction to their own matches without them all hurrying over to console him. The ref went to check if he was ok but I bet he would have rather been left alone at that point anyway.

Comment

I don't think he was put off or interrupted in any way...

...Maybe they were relieved that the 30k prize money was still available....
              As has been said someone played a shot just before his, but that's his fault for not concentrating
              And it was 40K !!

Comment

Hazel's comment rubbed it in the most when she called him Oh-No

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  As has been said someone played a shot just before his, but that's his fault for not concentrating
                  And it was 40K !!
                  Ohh..I thought it was 30k Pounds and 44k Dollars. Maybe I am mistaken
                  I Admire Ding, Adore Judd & Would do ANYTHING to play like Ronnie.

Comment

Ohh..I thought it was 30k Pounds and 44k Dollars. Maybe I am mistaken
                    No actually the prize was 4K for the highest break of the tournament with an additional 40K because it was a 147

Comment

No actually the prize was 4K for the highest break of the tournament with an additional 40K because it was a 147
                      Did u see that the BBC included it in their shot of the championship? Which pr1ck thought that would be a good idea? and which pricks voted for it?
                      Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

I don't think he was put off or interrupted in any way. The 3 neighboring tables had actually stopped playing game and you can see Judd Trump watching the game in the back ground. The 14th black was awesome and the 15th red was simply brilliant and Uh Nooh was getting all the silence and quiet one needed. The only reason he missed the last black was probably he was too easy with it. It was a standard black on the spot shot which normally every player practice and play like 100's of times everyday. He played the last ball a little too hard, maybe because of excitement or the pressure and missed it.

2 tables had stopped but play continued on another table. I'm glad none of the players from the other tables went over to console him. Players apologizing for flukes, not leaving anything on after a missed pot or botched safety etc is silly enough.
                        Last edited by mick farrell; 7 December 2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                          Did u see that the BBC included it in their shot of the championship? Which pr1ck thought that would be a good idea? and which pricks voted for it?
                          My thoughts too armstm. It seems the BBC want "dumb down" everything these days. To include that black in a Shot of the Championship or whatever it was called beggars belief.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick farrell View Post
                            2 tables had stopped but play continued on another table. I'm glad none of the players from the other tables went over to console him. Apologizing for flukes or not leaving anything on after a missed pot or botched safety etc is silly enough.
                            I'm with you on the unnecessary apologising. I understand the "gentlemans etiquette" and all that but for me its all a bit false.

Comment

Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                              I did see it and had to look twice lol, i assume it's suggested by the commentator's ?? very very poor taste that

Comment

I did see it and had to look twice lol, i assume it's suggested by the commentator's ?? very very poor taste that
                                Very poor taste indeed, shameful even.

Comment

Working...
                                X