Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expenses on Individual Players to Play Professional Tournaments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    Which is interesting as an amateur earnt more than some professionals. Crazy!
    and more thank likely took home more as he probably lives just round the corner in Bangkok
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

That took me back to a conversation I had a month or so ago Dean. Chinese players having to come to Barnsley to qualify for an event in Shanghai!...
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        That took me back to a conversation I had a month or so ago Dean. Chinese players having to come to Barnsley to qualify for an event in Shanghai!...
        Wow really? Now that's pretty hard going.

Comment

Players ranked in the top 64 look like they can earn a decent living and those ranked in the top 20 seem to be earning big money. It seems those outside the top 64 and near the bottom are struggling to make ends meet. Jack Lisowski rolls around in a Merc C63 AMG and Liang Wenbo had a Range Rover last year, so can't be doing too bad.

Out of interest, how much do the top 20 players earn from sponsorship and endorsement deals?

I think Barry Hearn needs some credit, as he has increased prize money and created more tournaments such as CofC and more ranking tournaments. If a player is earning over £60,000 a year in prize money, that's not bad work
          Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Expenses on Individual Players to Play Professional Tournaments?

not really,expenses are very large

Comment

What seems quite clear is that a lot of amateurs have been playing in Euro Tour or PTC events for years now so even if they're not officially pro's they and their sponsors or family members see them as pro's anyway.

Comment

Surely the majority of players in the top 64 will have most of (if not all) their expenses covered by sponsorship/endorsements or if they have a management company.

Looking at the prize money over the last two years, there are a lot of players who've earned over £60k in prize money alone. Not bad when you consider what the average wage in the UK is...
                Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

With so many more tournaments it's a lot easier for the lower ranked pros and semi pros to get further and increase their winnings so there are plenty of players earning good money from the game. There is always the tax consideration though which will be made more complicated if the player is not a professional and has a regular day job. The tax on a second job is like having your dingle dangle chewed off.
                  www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                  X