Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expenses on Individual Players to Play Professional Tournaments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    With so many more tournaments it's a lot easier for the lower ranked pros and semi pros to get further and increase their winnings so there are plenty of players earning good money from the game. There is always the tax consideration though which will be made more complicated if the player is not a professional and has a regular day job. The tax on a second job is like having your dingle dangle chewed off.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnington
    replied
    Surely the majority of players in the top 64 will have most of (if not all) their expenses covered by sponsorship/endorsements or if they have a management company.

Looking at the prize money over the last two years, there are a lot of players who've earned over £60k in prize money alone. Not bad when you consider what the average wage in the UK is...

Leave a comment:

• trains
    replied
    What seems quite clear is that a lot of amateurs have been playing in Euro Tour or PTC events for years now so even if they're not officially pro's they and their sponsors or family members see them as pro's anyway.

Leave a comment:

• golferson123
    replied
    Expenses on Individual Players to Play Professional Tournaments?

not really,expenses are very large

Leave a comment:

• Ronnington
    replied
    Players ranked in the top 64 look like they can earn a decent living and those ranked in the top 20 seem to be earning big money. It seems those outside the top 64 and near the bottom are struggling to make ends meet. Jack Lisowski rolls around in a Merc C63 AMG and Liang Wenbo had a Range Rover last year, so can't be doing too bad.

Out of interest, how much do the top 20 players earn from sponsorship and endorsement deals?

I think Barry Hearn needs some credit, as he has increased prize money and created more tournaments such as CofC and more ranking tournaments. If a player is earning over £60,000 a year in prize money, that's not bad work

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    That took me back to a conversation I had a month or so ago Dean. Chinese players having to come to Barnsley to qualify for an event in Shanghai!...
    Wow really? Now that's pretty hard going.

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    That took me back to a conversation I had a month or so ago Dean. Chinese players having to come to Barnsley to qualify for an event in Shanghai!...

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    Which is interesting as an amateur earnt more than some professionals. Crazy!
    and more thank likely took home more as he probably lives just round the corner in Bangkok

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    ah gotcha, Kritsanut is an amateur (i.e. not on the main tour) but he won a prize at a professional event (6-Reds) hence he is on that listing, for 2014/15 season.
    I was looking at the official ranking sheet for this season 2-year
    Which is interesting as an amateur earnt more than some professionals. Crazy!

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    ah gotcha, Kritsanut is an amateur (i.e. not on the main tour) but he won a prize at a professional event (6-Reds) hence he is on that listing, for 2014/15 season.
    I was looking at the official ranking sheet for this season 2-year

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    where are you getting these names and numbers from?
    #100 (after BO) is Ian Glover with £3600

yep it has been mentioned many times to participate on the tour is not cheap and difficult for low rankers to get a sponsor at all.
    got it from here http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Pri...s=Professional

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    where are you getting these names and numbers from?
    #100 (after BO) is Ian Glover with £3600

yep it has been mentioned many times to participate on the tour is not cheap and difficult for low rankers to get a sponsor at all.

Leave a comment:

• alabadi
    replied
    i was just looking at the earning of Golf players for 2015 , number 100 earned $118000 compare that to snooker , Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn earned £10000.

i was speaking with a guy who mangers a few players and he told me it cost a player around £15000 in expenses to go to tournaments.
    players need to earn around £40k just to have some sort of living.

its a crying shame, more needs to be done if they want snooker to thrive otherwise it will put off most kids wanting to be snooker players if they feel there isn't a way to earn a decent living from it

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    with the PTCs being phases out/changing to full ranking events from next season; I am hoping that prize funds will increase with new sponsors

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Think a lot of the players are disillusioned by the PTC prize money .

Outlay far outweighs the prize money for the lesser players but they have to play to get their ranking points .

But i suppose Barry Hearn is correct , as he said that the better players will get rewarded with regards to prize money .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X