German Masters 2016 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Never seen it before, what's the premise behind it?
    To address dodgy bounces off cushions maybe?
    I assume that yep, both big/dead and off-angle bounces.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

if you run your fingers down the cushion nap you will feel small bobbles by brushing it i assume its like napping the cloth...i always give them a brush as the tables we play on are grimey to say the least lol

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
        if you run your fingers down the cushion nap you will feel small bobbles by brushing it i assume its like napping the cloth...i always give them a brush as the tables we play on are grimey to say the least lol
        That would be fair enough for your local club tables but I'd have thought the pro table wouldn't need that and would be better maintained.
        I could be wrong of course

Comment

Ronnie's assesment on his comeback http://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/g...75/story.shtml

Comment

"I really do think the standard has either risen or mine's got worse - I'm not sure which is the case."

Both, Ronnie, both.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              Ronnie got the balls out a lot against Hamza Akbar too. Even respotting the baulk colours, buffing the blue ball with his waistcoat.
              Fair enough getting the balls out but the rest of it I'm not sure about.
              ( Might as well have licked the cueball like Alex Higgins used to do haha )

Then I saw the referee run a cloth all around the cushions.

Not focused really...but well done to Carrington, good win.
              For me players shouldn't touch the balls with their bare hands, why do they think refs wear gloves?
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                For me players shouldn't touch the balls with their bare hands, why do they think refs wear gloves?
                Yes good point is that, after all some players palms may be on the clammy / greasy side etc. Affecting the balls with all these kicks they get !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Pretty fair assessment by him I would say.
                  Glad he gave Carrington the deserved respect too.

Comment

Just shows you how the game and standard of play is progressing. Robertson probably didn't hit a ball after his win and you can see the result. Ronnie will have to get down and do the hours if he wants to perform at the Masters. He will do it no doubt. Same with the worlds he will get down and have a go. He hasnt got many left and he knows it. He couldn't sit there at the studio during the UKs, he still is a player. I like the new system when it comes to giving the new blood a taste of success. Take Ding or Ronnie, under old system they would be in top 16 forever which is not the case any more and it shouldn't be shoud it. My only complaint is the match lenght but I guess everything is speeding up and getting shorter. Hope they will leave the WC as it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                      Just shows you how the game and standard of play is progressing. Robertson probably didn't hit a ball after his win and you can see the result. Ronnie will have to get down and do the hours if he wants to perform at the Masters. He will do it no doubt. Same with the worlds he will get down and have a go. He hasnt got many left and he knows it. He couldn't sit there at the studio during the UKs, he still is a player. I like the new system when it comes to giving the new blood a taste of success. Take Ding or Ronnie, under old system they would be in top 16 forever which is not the case any more and it shouldn't be shoud it. My only complaint is the match lenght but I guess everything is speeding up and getting shorter. Hope they will leave the WC as it is.
                      Hearn did say when the flat128 for most tournaments was announced that the WSC would be left alone, but for how long was never broached
                      When ROS took his "year" out he did in fact travel a lot and play a lot of practise matches with the likes of Ebdon etc. before the tournament. I think he should start doing that now before the Masters :biggrin:
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                        The sponsors and fans are getting a rough deal if the best players aren't in the field.
                        The best players should be winning these matches then. I would argue the ones doing the winning deserve to be there. If "fans" won't watch a tournament because the big names are out, there's little hope for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                        X