Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Ha no, I didnt hear that.
    Yes I liked Peter's commentary too, get rid of Dennis and keep Peter in is my call.
    I didn't think I would like Peter Ebdons commentary but I did, I think he could be the Gary Neville of snooker pundits, and surprise everyone.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      I didn't think I would like Peter Ebdons commentary but I did, I think he could be the Gary Neville of snooker pundits, and surprise everyone.
      Exactly me too, who knows - he may even be trying to carve a career out of it too.

Comment

• Peter "Top Cushion" Ebdon
        Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
        Exactly me too, who knows - he may even be trying to carve a career out of it too.
        Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

Comment

• is it being harsh to call Maguire a serial loser. Massive talent and just seems to fritter it away. Maybe physically needs to get more in shape perhaps.
            Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
              is it being harsh to call Maguire a serial loser. Massive talent and just seems to fritter it away. Maybe physically needs to get more in shape perhaps.
              Feels a bit harsh, but the stats may back you up. I really like Maguire but as you say with his ability it always feels to me he should be doing better. When he's in full flow though he's great to watch.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Can't see Mags going to a sports psych to sort it out but that's what he needs. That's down to Mags so I don't feel sorry for him but underwhelmed. He's still a top 16 player so hardly a failure by any means.

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                  Peter "Top Cushion" Ebdon
                  Yeah, I like his technical analysis. Now to cull the dinosaurs who know nothing about the game, Taylor etc.

Comment

• Foulds
                    McManus
                    Hendry
                    Ebdon

All former players who have much to add in terms of technical analysis, and I just love listening to their comments.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                      Foulds
                      McManus
                      Hendry
                      Ebdon

All former players who have much to add in terms of technical analysis, and I just love listening to their comments.
                      You forgot Davis, 6x World Champion and World Snooker coach. A-hem.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                        You forgot Davis, 6x World Champion and World Snooker coach. A-hem.
                        A-hem indeed...Davis is definitely not on my list...can't stand him as a commentator

Comment

• Unfortunately I missed most of the 5th frame but caught a quick replay of Barry's blunder with the rest, did it effectively cost him the frame then? Doesn't seem to have bothered him too much though. I enjoy watching The Hawk, usually plays with a big smile, I think our thread host Barrywhite would approve.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Just a quickie that's not worth starting a new thread for in the lounge; Where's Stephen Hendry? I read a post elsewhere asking if Ebdon had replaced him for good. Have I missed something... a falling out with the Beeb or something?
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              Just a quickie that's not worth starting a new thread for in the lounge; Where's Stephen Hendry? I read a post elsewhere asking if Ebdon had replaced him for good. Have I missed something... a falling out with the Beeb or something?
                              They probably couldn't afford his rate per word spoken. I found him dreach, crabbit at times and repetitive. Boring.
                              @ daffie, Davis I like, informative but a bit too pointy in the way the speaks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Just a quickie that's not worth starting a new thread for in the lounge; Where's Stephen Hendry? I read a post elsewhere asking if Ebdon had replaced him for good. Have I missed something... a falling out with the Beeb or something?
                                Bit busy with his new 26yo girlfriend maybe? :wink:

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X