No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to this great tournament.
    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by nicky1982 View Post
      I have only been to the Masters at Alexandra Palace. I would loved to have gone to Wembley Conference Centre. Was the atmosphere there as good as it was reported to be?
      Only went the once, can't really remember.

It was clearly better than the Arena though.

Comment

Ordl, are you out there? As an expert, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this years Masters.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
          Ordl, are you out there? As an expert, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this years Masters.
          Wait til Friday/Sat like the rest of us, don't hassle the man!

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            Wait til Friday/Sat like the rest of us, don't hassle the man!
            Only a few days for the Pally to remove the smell of darts players and lager. Then set up the whole Masters shebang.

Comment

Only a few days for the Pally to remove the smell of darts players and lager. Then set up the whole Masters shebang.
              Bit of a waste of time to remove the smell of lager isn't it?

Comment

Talking of lager, this tournament always comes at the wrong time. I just weighed myself after the season, and have loaded up on Christmas weight. Now I've got a week off to slob and watch snooker.

My Christmas weight starts gaining with the UK, and continues through to the end of The Masters.

I have an eight-pack in my fridge left over from New Year, that won't drink itself.
                Last edited by SnookerFan; 6 January 2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  Bit of a waste of time to remove the smell of lager isn't it?
                  Possibly, though I can't see Ronnie, Smurf and Robbo drinking a drop. These snooker players have showers, get properly dressed and don't wear polyester. So there's a chance things will come rosy. Though Ding is looking and eating more like darts as the years go by. lol

Comment

I'm not sure watching a lot of snooker makes one an "expert", but thanks for the compliment. :smile:

Sorry, I couldn't find any time during the week, but I will sit down tomorrow and have a look through the draw. It should be a good week of snooker. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      I'm not sure watching a lot of snooker makes one an "expert", but thanks for the compliment. :smile:

Sorry, I couldn't find any time during the week, but I will sit down tomorrow and have a look through the draw. It should be a good week of snooker. :smile:
                      Looking fwd to your expert commentary on this thread from Sunday, two days to go! They moved to the Pally due to Wembley refurb I think. Are there plans to move back to Wembley eventually?

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

It's more than the BBC commentary team bother to do.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                          It's more than the BBC commentary team bother to do.
                          Tut tut, you know Dennis Taylor will be pouring over the history of each player and all their snooker stats so that he's ready to illicit his vast wealth of knowledge on the grateful masses. Thus bringing great pleasure and smiles to their faces in this new year. If it weren't for his prolonged career and dedication, thousands, nay millions would be slapping their foreheads and shouting doh every time an alternative commentator got facts wrong.

Comment

Tut tut, you know Dennis Taylor will be pouring over the history of each player and all their snooker stats so that he's ready to illicit his vast wealth of knowledge on the grateful masses. Thus bringing great pleasure and smiles to their faces in this new year. If it weren't for his prolonged career and dedication, thousands, nay millions would be slapping their foreheads and shouting doh every time an alternative commentator got facts wrong.
                            He'll bring us advanced statistical analysis on who he's played golf with.

Comment

Apparently the BBC have added Ebdon to their expert punditry team.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                                Apparently the BBC have added Ebdon to their expert punditry team.
                                You're joking? Seriously? Jesus, what's he gonna tell us, how to make a 12 break in six minutes? Wow, this Masters could be ruined by snail commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X