World Seniors Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
    2 days to go, anyone got the broadcast channels for this?
    Listed for Sky Sports 3, 1pm Saturday. I can't believe it Bazza, I told you something you don't already know. That must be a first lol

Comment

any tsf ers going? £20 all day Saturday was a bargain and only round the corner from me.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Listed for Sky Sports 3, 1pm Saturday. I can't believe it Bazza, I told you something you don't already know. That must be a first lol
        I didn't know it? Ok. lol

It's on WS tv for those subscribers of course:
        http://www.worldsnooker.livesport.tv/page/fixtures

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
          any tsf ers going? £20 all day Saturday was a bargain and only round the corner from me.

Nope, with my WS coach. Have a great day buddy, should be relaxed and lots of fun. Don't know why MJW thinks he has to enter this because he can't win anything else when Bingo wins the Worlds at the same age. Maybe he doesn't practice enough, his old nemesis?

Comment

I went to this a couple of times when it was in Portsmouth. Decent day out, but never really got to watching much on Sky Sports.

Comment

Do you have to qualify for this, or is it just for players who can be bothered so to speak. I can think of a good few players who aren't there I would like to see again.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

there was two days of qualifiers before Christmas where many old names didn't make the main event.
                http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Matches/Index/13876/world-seniors-championship-qualifiers
                Last edited by DeanH; 28 January 2016, 09:36 PM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

well its a good atmosphere here in Preston. scrappy first game with lots of black cushion safety meaning the reds were clustered in baulk making it look like a table on a cruise ship. all the players waxing lyrical re guild hall as a venue, think they've been told to big it up.....drago needn't have shown up. missed twice and milkins made two 80 odds goodnight my friend. shame milkins wasnt interested in the tons. could have had two but was recklessly quick once the frame was won. Johnson was a bit doddery missing a sitter of a black off its spot after a cracking long red. Hamilton ground out a good win against Williams. bring on the evening session given that there's fa to do in the building, no merchandise not even a sodding programme to be had, top effort world snooker. ....

Comment

Doesn't seem like White entered it this year?

Comment

last match on tonight v gary Lees. ...

Comment

well its a good atmosphere here in Preston. scrappy first game with lots of black cushion safety meaning the reds were clustered in baulk making it look like a table on a cruise ship. all the players waxing lyrical re guild hall as a venue, think they've been told to big it up.....drago needn't have shown up. missed twice and milkins made two 80 odds goodnight my friend. shame milkins wasnt interested in the tons. could have had two but was recklessly quick once the frame was won. Johnson was a bit doddery missing a sitter of a black off its spot after a cracking long red. Hamilton ground out a good win against Williams. bring on the evening session given that there's fa to do in the building, no merchandise not even a sodding programme to be had, top effort world snooker. ....
                        You could always nip to turtle bay across the road, cracking pint of red stripe, about the only place worth visiting around that part, although the twelve tellers wetherspoons ain't half bad?
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

watching it now online...

looks half empty
                          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Wow, not even a keyring to be bought in sight? WS slipping.

Thanks for the report. Glad MJW got beat, he shouldn't be there!

Comment

It was a great innovation to introduce the World Seniors to the calendar 5-6 years ago but I'd make the following changes:

1) Increase age to 45+
                              With the likes of Williams, Milkins, Dale, Mark Davis all entering it seems to have "scared off" the golden oldies such as Thorburn, Taylor, Mountjoy, even Steve Davis.

2) Scrap the pointless and annoying shot clock.

3) Invite to former members of the top 16.

It should be about nostalgia so people want to see the old boys and stars of yesteryear who are no longer seen around the circuit, such as Kirk Stevens, David Taylor, Bob Chaperon, Patsy Fagan, Alain Robidoux, Mike Hallett, Tony Meo, Tony Knowles, Gary Wilkinson, Steve James, Dean Reynolds...
                              Last edited by Cyril; 30 January 2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                                watching it now online...

looks half empty
                                Well we were all asked to move forward this afternoon to fill spaces in but not tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X