No announcement yet.

World Seniors Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot clock Snooker improves nothing, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
      A true legend but please please please Jimmy White, stop saying you could still win the World Championships.
      Also interviewers stop goading him into saying it.

https://youtu.be/aYf1kCHyn3Y?t=4m24s
      White is like O'Suillivan, when they get on a mic or into an interview they go into fantasy land. He couldn't win it in his prime with less good players around and he think's he can win it now 15+ years after his prime with a lot more good players around. Its been nearly 10 years since he was last in the World Championship, he's ranked something like 120 in the world. There's better odds of me winning the euromillions jackpot 4 weeks in a row than him getting to the semi's of the WC never mind winning it.

He had 6 shots at it and for most of them he preferred to go out on the **** rather than put the effort in, end of story.
      Last edited by narl; 31 January 2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

that was one hell of a slap'n'a'half shot by DD there
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
          Shot clock Snooker improves nothing, in my opinion.
          Can't stand it. Sometimes when the balls run awkward it is necesary to work things out. I think it causes "poor shots" either by a player having to rush when not fully decided or, distracted by the "beeps". Get rid of it please!

Comment

World Seniors Championship

the loud sound that signals the shot clock in operation woke a few in the audience up a bit yesterday. It's loud in the venue.

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
              the loud sound that signals the shot clock in operation woke a few in the audience up a bit yesterday. It's loud in the venue.
              Is that a reflection on the standard of snooker or the age of the audience
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                Is that a reflection on the standard of snooker or the age of the audience
                Bit of both!! Bory mcleod's match ran nearly an hour and a half last night. I escaped to the bar for a while and saw it out from the top of the arena before going back to my seat. Nice view from up there but a turgid match to say the least.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                  Yeah, I think his time has well passed. But it is possible that he could win the world championship. He just needs to win all his matches.
                  ( And to Ramon ) - I dont think I'm going to rush to the bookmakers to put money on him doing it
                  Me and a pal have discussed and we think he says it to keep his mind focused and to keep trying to play competitively.
                  All said and done Jimmy was one reason why I first took up Snooker in the first place, I'm sure thats the same for many others too.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    White is like O'Suillivan, when they get on a mic or into an interview they go into fantasy land. He couldn't win it in his prime with less good players around and he think's he can win it now 15+ years after his prime with a lot more good players around. Its been nearly 10 years since he was last in the World Championship, he's ranked something like 120 in the world. There's better odds of me winning the euromillions jackpot 4 weeks in a row than him getting to the semi's of the WC never mind winning it.

He had 6 shots at it and for most of them he preferred to go out on the **** rather than put the effort in, end of story.
                    Yes true, he admits that he didnt put enough practise in, pure talent alone doesnt cut it all the time.... needs discipline too.
                    On the upside - his thatched weave hair is looking slightly better...........only very slightly

Comment

Yes true, he admits that he didnt put enough practise in, pure talent alone doesnt cut it all the time.... needs discipline too.
                      On the upside - his thatched weave hair is looking slightly better...........only very slightly

It's looked worse, in this video its like it was put on wonky as theres a large bald patch at the back. go to 28:36 and its really obvious.

Comment

It's looked worse, in this video its like it was put on wonky as theres a large bald patch at the back. go to 28:36 and its really obvious.

OMFG .... did I just see that lmaoooooo. That is baaaaad, really bad.
                        That was absolutely a shocker mate....where on earth did you find that clip !!!!

Comment

Why is Judd in a waistcoat and dickie bow and Jimmy is wearing his wife's T shirt?
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

OMFG .... did I just see that lmaoooooo. That is baaaaad, really bad.
                            That was absolutely a shocker mate....where on earth did you find that clip !!!!
                            Just found it randomly on YouTube one time, from reading an interview he wears it to cover up a bad scar from a scalp reduction surgery that went bad.

Comment

Just found it randomly on YouTube one time, from reading an interview he wears it to cover up a bad scar from a scalp reduction surgery that went bad.
                              Ouch, that scalp reduction procedure sounds barbaric.
                              Guess he couldnt face life being bald.

Comment

from reading an interview he wears it to cover up a bad scar from a scalp reduction surgery that went bad.
                                Ah.. I didn't know about that. Yea hair transplants were brutal in the 90s, lot of people got their heads totally butchered (ie The Edge of U2).

Comment

Working...
                                X