Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranking snooker is finally back

Comment

didn't realise that the German Masters has never been won by the same person twice, only two Carter and Selby (defending champ) can do it this time round
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        didn't realise that the German Masters has never been won by the same person twice, only two Carter and Selby (defending champ) can do it this time round
        What about Mark Williams? :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          What about Mark Williams? :smile:
          doh! I must have not seen his name when I was looking for his name
          what are your thoughts, one of these three can take the title for the second time? to me Selby is the obvious candidate

Comment

Odds must be stacked against him as defending, and don't think this first easy game will help him?
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Doherty 6-2 up over Maguire is a bit of a surprise.
              Big surprise as Maguire won 5-1

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                doh! I must have not seen his name when I was looking for his name
                what are your thoughts, one of these three can take the title for the second time? to me Selby is the obvious candidate
                Yeah, Selby is among the big favourites in every event really, and even more so this week when O'Sullivan, Robertson and Higgins are missing. Maguire is just about the toughest opponent he could have drawn in the last16, but he if gets past him, he will have every chance to grab the title.

Not sure about Carter and Williams... Carter has not played at the business end of any major tournament for two years now. He is bound to come back to form at some point, but it will probably take a little time for him to find his way on the big stage again. I think we might see him in a few quarter-finals and semi-finals first, before he starts seriously contending for titles again. As for Williams, he does occasionally reach the later stages of events, but he inevitably plays a bad match at the wrong time. His Welsh Open semi-final against Woollaston last season is a good example of that, as is his match against Perry in the final of the PTC Finals, when he led 3-0 before his game deserted him, as if he had some mental block when a title is in sight. :smile:

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                Big surprise as Maguire won 5-1
                6-2 was the head-to-head from the opening post. :smile:

Comment

Who remembers that time at The Crucible when Carter had a pop at Trump?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                    "pop" as in verbal or threw a punch? :wink:

Comment

well two televised matches both 5-0

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                        Couldn't blame him, trump was fluking left and right in that match and acting like he meant the shots. Gets a bit boring when someone literally every single frame does a long distance screw back, occasionally gets a pot from it and a lot of the time send reds scattering kicking the white around safe.

Comment

I don't know what to say really... Televised snooker was done in less than two hours, while the Williams-Gould match went to a decider and we couldn't see it. I suppose it's pointless to keep complaining about the coverage, so I will just accept that it's crap and move on now.

Another early exit for Murphy then. It's already February and he still hasn't had a good tournament all season...

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Couldn't blame him, trump was fluking left and right in that match and acting like he meant the shots. Gets a bit boring when someone literally every single frame does a long distance screw back, occasionally gets a pot from it and a lot of the time send reds scattering kicking the white around safe.
                            I play with a lad, who does 100% of everything you've mentioned. It's a slog playing against it!

Comment

enjoying the match this morning, both great attacking players

Comment

Hi has anybody got a link to stream this? Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X