No announcement yet.

China Open Quals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC the 1 point was not put up on the score board for Maguire... ?

just viewed again, and the point was put up for Maguire, just both players changed and they did not notice/hear the ref call.

But the ref could not say to Hicks, "sorry but it is not your turn"
    Last edited by DeanH; 10 February 2016, 08:28 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

But isn't the refs job purely retrospective? I can clearly hear her telling Mags "No, a ball went down" and reiterating this several times. She called the shot correctly, put it on the board, job done. It's not her remit to tell the players what to do, just to deal with events once they've happened, right?

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

correct, to me it should be "Maguire, you potted, and then left the table, Hicks fouled, your turn, please play on".

Now what is the situation when a player leaves the table on their turn?
        But as is clearly seen, Hicks thought it was his turn and took his time to play, Maguire did not check the score board else he would have seen the point.
        Interesting one
        LondonLad....
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Some match http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...t/13867/404546

Comment

Yes it is interesting. And I find it quite strange that neither player spotted the red going in, maybe they were vaguely distracted by something else.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
              And Kyren just scored another ton!

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                Amazing really, he could hardly make a 40 the other day against Brecel!

Comment

Well, well, well. Neil Robertson let his opponent in requiring a snooker to stay in the match and he got it and took it to 4 - 3. Very careless play from Neil, and a good clearance from Ayouri afterwards.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Lot of century breaks in the qualifiers, either the tables are playing easy or everyone is in top form, I think I'd go for the former on this occasion. Considering how few there were in the german masters.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                      He made four tons and Hamilton two. Six tons in 8 frames!

Comment

I can see that Aditya Mehta hasnĀ“t joined the rest of the qualifers this season. Has he stopped playing ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                          Now that is really impressive. I shall watch that on youtube later. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                            Actually 6 tons in 6 frames ! They were consecutive . What an amazing standard . Shame for Anthony , really want to see him have a decent run in a few tournaments and get back on the TV . Thoroughly enjoy watching him , such a great break builder .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                              Now that is really impressive. I shall watch that on youtube later. Thanks for the heads up.
                              Unfortunately I don't think it'll be on youtube as it wasn't streamed. Hope I'm wrong.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Six centuries in a row? That's a new record, isn't it?

I know Robertson and Maguire made five in a row between them in their match in the 2009 Masters, and I believe Hendry and O'Sullivan had five in a row in the 2003 British Open final, but I don't think six had been done before. :smile: It's a little unexpected for Wilson and Hamilton to set this record, to say the least. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X