• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Open Quals

On ATM:

Matthew Selt 3 - 2 Jamie Cope

David Gilbert 1 - 3 Duane Jones

Tonight we've got Ricky Walden v Barry Pinches and Michael White v Craig Steadman

It's on here:

http://snookerroom.tv/live/

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Michael White wins 5 - 4.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Ricky Walden´s really a strange player to watch. He plays very fast and then long periods of considering the balls and then again very fast.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
        Ricky Walden´s really a strange player to watch. He plays very fast and then long periods of considering the balls and then again very fast.
        Yes, I play like that as well, but without the fast bits and the potting.

Not sure why Barry chose to take on the plant in that final frame, he came so close.

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          Yes, I play like that as well, but without the fast bits and the potting.

Not sure why Barry chose to take on the plant in that final frame, he came so close.

-
          He'll probably have to do a Rory McLeod in Poland in two weeks time to stay on tour now.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
            He'll probably have to do a Rory McLeod in Poland in two weeks time to stay on tour now.
            yup....

also epic win by Bond

Comment

Mags is struggling against Andy Hicks, 3 - 3 now and he's had plenty of chances....

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Mags is struggling against Andy Hicks, 3 - 3 now and he's had plenty of chances....

-
                Something unusual happened between those two earlier in frame 3. After a safety exchange Maguire got stuck and ended up playing one of his infamous hit-and-hope smashes. Nobody seemed to pay attention but a red ball was potted, and it's only after Hicks returned to the table and potted another red that the referree brought it up (that is, there were only 13 reds left on the table but her score board indicated 14). After discussing this the 3 of them they agreed to rerack. Not sure about the rule in this case...

Comment

I thought that if a mistake was noticed a few shots later you just continue on as normal

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    I thought that if a mistake was noticed a few shots later you just continue on as normal
                    correct, if a mistake/foul is not noticed when it happens and another shot has happened then it is condoned and play continues, but in this situation with a ball off the table and being a red with no place for it naturally to be replaced to; the option is a rerack no, neither player gains an advantage. they could have said continue and if all three concur that could have happened. But I think a rerack is the best option. Of course if someone was 60+ up... :wink:
                    I think it comes down to the fact that the frame would not have had the appropriate number of balls, so best to rerack.

Also the computer score board would probably throw a fit when it thinks another red is on the table when only colours remain :wink:
                    Last edited by DeanH; 10 February 2016, 06:50 PM.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
                      Something unusual happened between those two earlier in frame 3. After a safety exchange Maguire got stuck and ended up playing one of his infamous hit-and-hope smashes. Nobody seemed to pay attention but a red ball was potted, and it's only after Hicks returned to the table and potted another red that the referree brought it up (that is, there were only 13 reds left on the table but her score board indicated 14). After discussing this the 3 of them they agreed to rerack. Not sure about the rule in this case...
                      Interesting, thanks. I didn't see that frame myself, but a quick look at snooker.org told me that Hicks went on to win it. Maybe Mags was a bit annoyed at himself for failing to notice that he'd potted his way out of trouble. As it turned out he was OK in the end but he certainly give Hicks plenty of opportunities.

Tonight we've got Martin Gould v Scott Donaldson and Neil Robertson v Iran's Hossein Vafaei Ayouri, I wonder how many snooker clubs they have in Iran? Probably a few more than we have here in the UK, at the rate they're closing these days.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Interesting, thanks. I didn't see that frame myself, but a quick look at snooker.org told me that Hicks went on to win it. Maybe Mags was a bit annoyed at himself for failing to notice that he'd potted his way out of trouble. As it turned out he was OK in the end but he certainly give Hicks plenty of opportunities.

-
                        Yes, Hicks won after the rerack and also won the 4th frame to level at 2-2. I think before the rerack Hicks only had 4 points and Maguire none. Hicks also had the 2nd frame at his mercy but missed a somewhat easy blue to middle pocket.

Comment

here it is, starts just before Maguire does the smash, and a red goes into the yellow-side Black pocket, Hick then pots a red and they then notice the missing red.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wp1...ailpage#t=3349

Comment

Cheers Dean. That's strange, you can clearly hear the ref call "one" after Mags's lash, then there's a bit of a conversation and they resume. If she thought she saw a ball go down it's not too hard to check is it, so I really don't understand how the mix-up occurred. Not that I'm implying in any way whatsoever that the ref is to blame, she is one of our finest IMO and should be fast-tracked to ALL major tournaments, immediately.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

hm, I don't hear a thing but with background noise here I probably easily missed it.
                              In this case, the ref called a pot, the players changed, Hicks plays a shot, Foul, and Maguire back at the table.
                              Obviously this is where the discussion came about, Maguire and Hicks both saying they did not hear the ref call.... rerack to solve the situation.
                              Look forward to LondonLad and his view on this

Comment

Working...
                              X