Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazybeans
    replied
    In other hand,it's more memorabler than 147 for the fans who paid money to watched the game,isn't it?
    we've saw a lot of 147 from him,but how many times have you guys watched him did that before?
    we have absolutely no idea what ronnie gonna do next time,so it is what he is and what we enjoy and looking forward to,at least for me.
    Last edited by crazybeans; 16 February 2016, 03:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Ronnies the biggest draw in the game but half the time he can't be arsed to play so it's laughable when he moans about prize money

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    He was short of pace on the penultimate red. Not saying he couldn't have got on the black but it wasn't straight forward. Who knows if he planned this or not - maybe even he didn't know.

Had you walked you'd have missed that blue - what a shot!
    Yes that blue was inch perfect

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Just read what he said on BBC Sport website . Interesting to see his take on it . If I could copy and paste on this iPad I would put it up but i am useless so I can't .

See Barry Hearn has tweeted a few comments .....not happy with what he did . But really he thinks ...great ....more coverage for snooker in the papers .
    Here's what he said

Englishman O'Sullivan had scored 80 in the break when he asked an official what the prize was for the highest break. He also asked the commentary box for information and looked visibly disappointed when told he could win up to £12,000.

"I knew it was £10,000. I could have done it, but I didn't think the prize was worthy of a 147. So I've tried to let it build up until it's worthy and then go for it," he said.

"It's like going into a Mercedes garage and when they say that you can have the car for £3,000, you reply, 'No way, that's too cheap. I'm not buying it for that'.

"Certain things have value, and a 147 is a special moment. I want it to feel special all round.

"But the punters still got value for money today. Now they've got something more to look forward to. There's still room for improvement.

"You like to entertain your fans. It's like a film. You want them to come back and watch the next one.

"There is no point in giving them the best ending they've ever had. Leave room for a better ending next time."

Leave a comment:

• culraven
    replied
    Really can't be bothered reading through 8 pages of this so apologies if it's already been said, if the difference between high break prize and 147 prize isn't substantial enough to risk it why not take the pink, as it's unlikely to be beat!
    As for upsetting the audience, would you like the opportunity of telling your friends you watched Ronnie make another 147, or give chapter and verse on his controversial 146?
    End of the day, despite this match only being covered on BBC Wales, Snooker made the main news this evening for the first time since the masters, love him or hate him good luck to him!

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Box office, bums on seats, giving Snooker more of a profile, generating interest - (peeing a few off also), controversial, arrogant, cheeky, ballsy -- I could go on.

Ronnie just turned it around big time, he looked fed up earlier and then to go on and do something like that !!

Good show - he has made his point now.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    He hasn't broken any rules, you can't tell a player what shots to play. Its his infantile behaviour during the frame that shows his true colours. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a statement saying he's sorry to the fans, and they are the reason he continues to play blah blah blah, which of course he won't mean a word of but his fan boys will lap up.
    Its done, in the great scheme of snooker it's a non event, he seems pleased with himself , and proud of what he did, end of story really.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    He was making sure of the highest break. 146 should nick the high break prize

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    It's a technicality to argue that the pink was the better choice because that might be the case but the frame was won at that point and only the maximum was the target. The frame was secured so shot selection was at the exhibition stage and he prooved that in a definitve fashion. Frame won = check, century = check, maximum = pending....

Instead of all this comotion now we should wait and see what happens. We need to see what the NET result is before we choose to call him a hero or zero.

He maybe the biggest name in the sport but that doesn't mean he can change the rules overnight and certainly not by protest. Is Barry Hearn the kind of person who will succumb to this? Of course not so it makes it even more ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    I'm sure Ronnie must have read the topspin thread on here, it was impossible to run through for the black so took the pink lol.
    Ahahaha! Brilliant Mark!

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Just read what he said on BBC Sport website . Interesting to see his take on it . If I could copy and paste on this iPad I would put it up but i am useless so I can't .

See Barry Hearn has tweeted a few comments .....not happy with what he did . But really he thinks ...great ....more coverage for snooker in the papers .

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Saw Ronnie reading a physics book just before match started lol
    Reading? I think you mean colouring in.

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    You've nailed it Markz
    Saw Ronnie reading a physics book just before match started lol

Leave a comment:

• sharkster63
    replied
    I think that he can do what he wants... I dont think they will come out with a new rule that says they must try a 147 if its available... this might be a punch at all the rules that already exist.... you need a lawyer to pick up a cue and play in the pros.....

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    You've nailed it Markz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X