Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch 22
    replied
    I take it Ding didn't get the 60k from the betting firm ... Only the 12k from world snooker ?

Leave a comment:

• jwinsor
    replied
    Originally Posted by focus View Post
    Yep, he's like that, a spoiled brat sometimes. Silly. So glad to see Ding inadvertently put the egg on his face. LOL

Big rocket fan but he really is a sticky fingered chav monster.
    Yep glad Ding got the 147 and the prize money

Leave a comment:

• focus
    replied
    Originally Posted by jwinsor View Post
    I will always be a " Ronnie Fan " but I have to say I feel he made a decision to hold something back from his fans rather than share something with his fans... too bad.
    Yep, he's like that, a spoiled brat sometimes. Silly. So glad to see Ding inadvertently put the egg on his face. LOL

Big rocket fan but he really is a sticky fingered chav monster.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    I waited decades for the chance to miss Hendry when he was gone.
    Lol.

Davis, too. Can't wait for Robertson to eff off, anorl.

Seriously, though, Ronnie transcends all. What will snooker look like once he's gone? Will there even be Snooker? Snooker had better find a draw sooner rather than later, because i see nothing waiting in the wings.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by Eracn View Post
    Paraphrasing Barry Hearn " Without its characters sport dies" .
    You'll miss him when he's gone.
    I waited decades for the chance to miss Hendry when he was gone.

Leave a comment:

• jwinsor
    replied
    I will always be a " Ronnie Fan " but I have to say I feel he made a decision to hold something back from his fans rather than share something with his fans... too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Eracn
    replied
    Paraphrasing Barry Hearn " Without its characters sport dies" .
    You'll miss him when he's gone.

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    I'm in two minds, on the one hand if you are in the audience for one of his 147s then unless he does it under 5 min 20 (once in a lifetime event and won't ever happen again, certainly not for him anyway as he has slightly slowed down his average shot time) then it's not really that rare considering he has 13 of them now. On the other hand, the 146 will probably be remembered (rightly or wrongly) and referenced far more often than any of his other maximums, apart from the 5m20s one and maybe the one in the final frame decider against Selby.

On the other hand I'd be thinking "For ****'s sake, one chance to see the best player to pick up a cue make a maxi and he's decided it's not worth enough money".

I still think those in the audience will have a more interesting story to tell seeing as it was in the early rounds and as mentioned, his early round maximums (5m20s aside) aren't recalled as much as the one's in finals (or deciders).

Genuinely not sure how I'd feel, gut feeling is initially disappointed, but 146 would be a better story to tell down the line.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    Ronnie could have gone about it in a much more constructive way. Just complaining that the 147 prizer is too low isn't enough and the players need to work out a way of improving it. Did Ronnie actually suggest anything that could be done to improve things? I doubt it.

Maybe a new way of calculating winnings for a 147 is to take in to account the players history such as ranking and years as a pro. The least experienced the player the more they win for a 147. Or there is a set fund and at the end of the season it's divided by all the players who scored a maximum.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I'm pretty sure during the tournament most players knocked one out TBH.
    I bet Selby has a few snaps in his wallet for such occasions.

Leave a comment:

• vmax4steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    Late on the topic but here is my two cents: ROS is a bloody genius on the table and always a joy to watch BUT denying a blatant 147 to protest about the prize money allocated to a max is such a disgrace. OK, this guy knocks maxis for breakfast so it might be 'just another one' for him but man, just think about the fans, the audience, the people that actually PAID to see you play.
    Had I been in the audience, I would have been mightily peeved to see this guy potting the pink on purpose and denying all the fans the chance to see a maximum live. I understand ROS's intention was to make a statement but this was disrespectful for all the people watching it...Geez if ten grands is nothing for him, he should realize it's a great amount of quids for a lot of people!!
    Late on the topic but here is my two cents: ROS is a bloody genius on the table and always a joy to watch BUT denying a blatant 147 to protest about the prize money allocated to a max is such a disgrace. OK, this guy knocks maxis for breakfast so it might be 'just another one' for him but man, just think about the fans, the audience, the people that actually PAID to see you play.
    Had I been in the audience, I would have been mightily peeved to see this guy potting the pink on purpose and denying all the fans the chance to see a maximum live. I understand ROS's intention was to make a statement but this was disrespectful for all the people watching it...Geez if ten grands is nothing for him, he should realize it's a great amount of quids for a lot of people!!
    I heard you the first time

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    I'm in complete agreement with you on this. Whichever way anyone wants to look at it, making a statement in this way is the wrong way to go about it. And I'm not even going into his reasons or if Ronnie is even in his rights to make such a statement the way he did. It all boils down to Ronnie disrespecting the (his!) audience watching the spectacle live...for them a 147 is a definitive highpoint in watching their beloved sport. Ronnie should at all times recognize this and go for the 147 (unless of course other factors deem it impossible to make the 147, in which case he should go for the highest break possible).
    Last edited by daffie; 22 February 2016, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 147alltheway
    replied
    in my opinion the "rocket" man has delivered his point by declining 147. only he knows true reason behind it so everything else is a speculation.
    nonetheless it was a pleasure to witness it.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    glad ding knocked one out and stuck two fingers up to ronnie saint sullivan in doing so.....
    I'm pretty sure during the tournament most players knocked one out TBH.

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    glad ding knocked one out and stuck two fingers up to ronnie saint sullivan in doing so.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X