X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramon
    replied
    Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
    In my opinion, whether he scored a 146 or a 147 is a bit of a non-issue. In fact, the fans in attendance saw something a lot more rare than a 147, so they can console themselves with that.

However, I feel Ronnie's 'only £10k' came across as being somewhat insensitive. There's a lot of people out there who struggle to get by in life, despite breaking their back every day. And Ronnie is complaining about getting a bonus of £10,000 on top of his tournament earnings for what would've amounted for a few seconds of work. It's kind of ill-considered, especially in a sport that struggled to bring in sponsors for so many years.

It's brought in a lot of publicity for the game though, albeit slightly negative publicity. What he should've done is score a 146 deliberately, then stood up at the press conference and said; "I did that because this tournament doesn't get enough coverage in the press unless I do something controversial. Hopefully this act will make the dopey twats in the sports pages actually give snooker some attention, for once."

I'd have applauded that. Newspapers love making a big deal out of Ronnie's opinion, so it'd still brought in massive publicity. Chuckling away and going; "I want more money" makes him look greedy. "Snooker player sacrifices 10 grand to promote his sport" would make a much better headline.

I guess it all comes down to whether Ronnie did it to promote the sport, or was he legitimately thinking that £10k wasn't enough of a bonus for all of ten minutes work.
    10k was'nt the reason why he did'nt made the max , regardless of what he said in that interview .

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
    I wasnt calling osullivan a pile of s##t just the post your calling me a pile ir **** and your calling me pathetic knob head
    Apologies then good sir.

Leave a comment:

• Porter
    replied
    I am currently reading Ronnie O'Sullivan's book 'Running.' It is impressive that a person who has had to overcome so many obstacles has come through the other side and continues to entertain people, inspire people and also continues to improve both as a person and professionally. Like all the rest of us Ronnie is a work in progress, and no one can get inside another person's head or knows what they are dealing with on any given day. Regardless if you agree or disagree with how Ronnie played the game yesterday to sit here and call him names and insult him is just being very mean spirited.

Leave a comment:

• Hatcherjob
    replied
    Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    Hahaha, and snooker carried on even after him. So it will certainly after Ronnie quits too.
    The irony being that it carried on with O'Sullivan.

Leave a comment:

• ste bed
    replied
    Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    You're clearly the bigger pill of sh#t, lol pathetic.
    I wasnt calling osullivan a pile of s##t just the post your calling me a pile ir **** and your calling me pathetic knob head

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    At the end of the day I don't think anyone doesn't appreciate his talent as a snooker player, just sometimes his behaviour towards the game.

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    he would be first on here himself offering everyone out instead of just decking the refs....
    Hahaha, and snooker carried on even after him. So it will certainly after Ronnie quits too.

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    Originally Posted by cally View Post
    Can you imagine the stick Alex would have had if we had the net and snooker forums back then... Lol
    he would be first on here himself offering everyone out instead of just decking the refs....

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Can you imagine the stick Alex would have had if we had the net and snooker forums back then... Lol

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    People (viewers) watch sports for entertainment. Therefore it is part of a sports athletes job to compete and entertain.
    nope a sportsman or womans job is to perform to the highest possible standards and to win, nowt is made from being entertaining..... apart from in exhibitions

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    not at all, its just embarrassing how people think he is the be all and end all of snooker, well it isnt! the game was here well before him and will continue just fine without him and his cronies in the crowd giving slack jawed shouts when they shouldnt be.
    Well I'm not really arguing thats the case but all I ask is that you respect the man for his accomplishments and ability in the game. If you cant do that then at least dont be petty and slander him.

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    sporty first, - to play to th ehighest possible standard and get the highest possible totals and wins...

entertainment is a long way behind.
    People (viewers) watch sports for entertainment. Therefore it is part of a sports athletes job to compete and entertain.

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    Lol whats embarrassing is that whenever Ronnie is mentioned on this forum you can always count on good old Andy to be there and talk smack. How salty can you be.
    not at all, its just embarrassing how people think he is the be all and end all of snooker, well it isnt! the game was here well before him and will continue just fine without him and his cronies in the crowd giving slack jawed shouts when they shouldnt be.

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    Sports: "Sport (UK) or sports (US) are all forms of usually competitive physical activity or games which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing ENTERTAINMENT to participants, and in some cases, spectators."
    sporty first, - to play to th ehighest possible standard and get the highest possible totals and wins...

entertainment is a long way behind.

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    getting embarrasing now, take your head out of saint ronnie of essex's backside for once will you? hes got nowt on some of the older lot from the game with antics but they did it properly especially alex higgins..... ronnie is just a spoilt petulant idiot who needs bringing back down to planet earth once in a while
    Lol whats embarrassing is that whenever Ronnie is mentioned on this forum you can always count on good old Andy to be there and talk smack. How salty can you be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X