Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throtts
    replied
    Tooooo much love and hate on here boys. Sounds like school playground.

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
    last time i looked snooker was a SPORT not a bloody entertainment business, if you want that, go to watch the bloody WWE
    Sports: "Sport (UK) or sports (US) are all forms of usually competitive physical activity or games which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing ENTERTAINMENT to participants, and in some cases, spectators."

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    I apologize but I just dont get how people can hate someone so much that they dont even know, so much that they take the time out of their day to insult and disrespect him lmao. Someone whos contributed so much to the sport they claim they love. I think he deserves some respect regardless of his personality antics.
    getting embarrasing now, take your head out of saint ronnie of essex's backside for once will you? hes got nowt on some of the older lot from the game with antics but they did it properly especially alex higgins..... ronnie is just a spoilt petulant idiot who needs bringing back down to planet earth once in a while

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hatcherjob View Post
    Ronnie has given umpteen times more to the fans than the top 16 put together. Bjork once said that singing with your eyes closed is selfish, because you're supposed to be communicating your expression to the audience, not closing yourself off to them. That is essentially what what the other top 15 players in the world do. Even great players like Selby and Higgins are just literally playing 100% for themselves, to hell with what is supposed to be an entertainment business. They are the real crooks, playing like they're doing Data Entry.
    last time i looked snooker was a SPORT not a bloody entertainment business, if you want that, go to watch the bloody WWE

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
    Well there are plenty of things I could work hard at and I wouldn't get jack **** in return. I could build up the biggest and best stamp collection known to man but do you think people are actually going to pay me to see it? No

Ronnie should consider himself a very privileged guy, not only because he has been blessed with a tremendous amount of talent, but also because there are plenty of people out there who are interested in his talent and will pay him to see him exhibit this talent. And yet, your attitude seems to be that he doesn't owe anybody anything simply because he has 'worked hard'. Well it's not how it works I'm afraid, Ronnie relies on a lot of people so he can lead the very privileged life he leads and he could do with recognising that, it would prevent him from being such an arrogant buffoon.

P.S. Can't wait until he retires because I find his matches incredibly dull and predictable.
    Yes im sure you predicted he was going to make a 146 in the fashion that he did. Lol you're literally the only person in the world who could watch Ronnie play and think hes dull.

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Calm down lads, the mods may be watching
    I apologize but I just dont get how people can hate someone so much that they dont even know, so much that they take the time out of their day to insult and disrespect him lmao. Someone whos contributed so much to the sport they claim they love. I think he deserves some respect regardless of his personality antics.

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Ask the average Joe who mark selby, Neil Robertson is.. Who?

Ask anyone who Ronnie is?

He does it cos he enjoys all the fuss it causes. If it wasn't for ron snooker wouldn't have been all over the media this week, that's for sure...

Leave a comment:

• Hatcherjob
    replied
    Ronnie has given umpteen times more to the fans than the top 16 put together. Bjork once said that singing with your eyes closed is selfish, because you're supposed to be communicating your expression to the audience, not closing yourself off to them. That is essentially what what the other top 15 players in the world do. Even great players like Selby and Higgins are just literally playing 100% for themselves, to hell with what is supposed to be an entertainment business. They are the real crooks, playing like they're doing Data Entry.

Leave a comment:

• P.Smith
    replied
    They didnt provide him anything he worked hard to be where hes at you pessimistic *****.
    Well there are plenty of things I could work hard at and I wouldn't get jack **** in return. I could build up the biggest and best stamp collection known to man but do you think people are actually going to pay me to see it? No

Ronnie should consider himself a very privileged guy, not only because he has been blessed with a tremendous amount of talent, but also because there are plenty of people out there who are interested in his talent and will pay him to see him exhibit this talent. And yet, your attitude seems to be that he doesn't owe anybody anything simply because he has 'worked hard'. Well it's not how it works I'm afraid, Ronnie relies on a lot of people so he can lead the very privileged life he leads and he could do with recognising that, it would prevent him from being such an arrogant buffoon.

P.S. Can't wait until he retires because I find his matches incredibly dull and predictable.

Leave a comment:

• armstm
    replied
    I agree with this. he's a gem to watch and the sport is poorer without him. it's a bit of fun, gets people talking - what's wrong with that? Muhammad ali did a bit of trash talking in his prime - now no one remembers that, everyone remembers the good stuff.
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Ronnie O Sullivan owes the fans or the paying public absolutely sweet FA!

He is at the top of the sport through his own work and determination.

The self righteousness that people display over things like this is exactly what's wrong with society. Everyone thinks they're entitled to something.

It's like people who say 'I have the right to an opinion' but what they really mean is 'you are obliged to listen to my opinion' it's nonsense!

ROS is a fantastic snooker player. But we all know he is a sub par ambassador for the game so who really cares what he does?

If you feel entitled to see a maximum then go and put the hours in on the table and make one for yourself. ROS owes the fans absolutely nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by cally View Post
    Surprised you're not a new mod John.. or, are ya? Lol
    Nah iv'e got too short a fuse, would end up swearing too much lol

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Surprised you're not a new mod John.. or, are ya? Lol

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    They didnt provide him anything he worked hard to be where hes at you pessimistic *****.
    Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
    L

Total pill of sh#t
    You're clearly the bigger pill of sh#t, lol pathetic.
    Calm down lads, the mods may be watching

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
    L

Total pill of sh#t
    You're clearly the bigger pill of sh#t, lol pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Owes the fans.. Lol

Yeh, course he does.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X