No announcement yet.

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and i was stuck watching one of the worst matches of all time instead of watching Ronnie in full flow? WTF are the bbc doing? No wonder there's no money in snooker.

Comment

sorry but there has not been a £147K prize for a max for many years (since 2011)
      not sure if the WSC has an uplift, but the prize for a max is now a rolling event by event
      anyone have a listing of maximum prize per event anywhere?
      Last edited by DeanH; 15 February 2016, 06:57 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
        Ronnie has a point regarding the prize money for a 147. If you look at the Masters, making a 147 an expensive car worth over 80K and the World's £147K plus another £15k or so for highest break. Now there is a rolling 147 break prize. I bet he's feeling short changed! Making a 147 is a tremendous achievement and should be rewarded accordingly. Maybe World snooker should set a side a fund where if a player achieved a 147 in a ranking tournament then there should be a fixed prize money of min £30k depending on the ranking tournament.
        They reduced the prize money significantly because the players are too good now and knock them in regularly. In that sense, a 147 isn't particularly special any more, but players should still try their best to entertain the crowd, not make some crass point about money.

Again, where is the money supposed to come from? It's not just going to fall from a money tree.

Comment

If i had of been in the crowd as soon as he potted the pink i would have stood up and left, i also would have been very vocal if anything was said.
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            sorry but there has not been a £147K prize for a max for many years
            not sure if the WSC has an uplift, but the prize for a max is now a rolling event by event
            anyone have a listing of maximum prize per event anywhere?
            not sure what the max
            Sorry typing on a phone, i forgot to type past Master's. Yes you are right, that's why Ronnie feels he's getting short changed. Maybe £30k is a bit high for the Welsh but the UK should deserve min £60k and the World's £100k for a maxi. How many roll over are need to reach £100k? That's why he's feeling short changed. Imagine if someone made a maxi at the World's but a maxi was just made at the last ranking tournament so the prize now at the World's is £500/£1000, you definitely feel short changed.

Comment

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Whatever your opinion, that was pretty special viewing.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                Sorry typing on a phone, i forgot to type past Master's. Yes you are right, that's why Ronnie feels he's getting short changed. Maybe £30k is a bit high for the Welsh but the UK should deserve min £60k and the World's £100k for a maxi. How many roll over are need to reach £100k? That's why he's feeling short changed. Imagine if someone made a maxi at the World's but a maxi was just made at the last ranking tournament so the prize now at the World's is £500/£1000, you definitely feel short changed.
                So who is going to supply all this money then ??

Comment

Originally Posted by wake_up_bomb View Post
                  They reduced the prize money significantly because the players are too good now and knock them in regularly. In that sense, a 147 isn't particularly special any more, but players should still try their best to entertain the crowd, not make some crass point about money.

Again, where is the money supposed to come from? It's not just going to fall from a money tree.
                  The money is there. Are you telling me that the internet gambling companies can't afford that? It's Barry Hearn who negotiated the deals. He could of included the 147 prize money in the deal. Hearn must of forgot, lol.

In my opinion a 147 is still special in ranking tournaments, World's and UK and also in the Masters (non ranking).

Comment

Originally Posted by acpc89 View Post
                    I find it amazingly strange how people feel so offended as though they were entitled to watch a 147. Also the fact that people keep mentioning the poor fans who have paid their hard earn cash to see Ronnie play and deserve the 147. No, they do not. You pay for what you get, and whether he got beat 4:1 today or won 4:1 with 4 147's or not its what you get. No one deserves anything when watching snooker. However when you pay or just watch Ronnie playing, chances are your going to be entertained more so than other players.

I do think he would of made the 147 had the audience/fans not been irritating him so much in the early stages of the match. But that's neither here nor there. I feel somewhat happy that he didnt make the 147, because had he done so, it would of just been another 147. With the usual superlatives 'genius', 'amazing', 'mozart of snooker' been used. Since he didnt make a 147, its now causing more lines to be written about snooker and himself which can only be good.

Also, people who keep moaning about 10k is a massive amount of cash for the hard working public, so what? I've never even had close to a quarter of that amount! And I do not feel hard done by, neither should anyone else. Ronnie is not a normal average Joe Bloggs. He can make more money away from Snooker yet chooses to play. As Barry Hearn recently said, no one player is bigger than any sport, but Ronnie is the closest it will ever be.

People should just enjoy watching him play, regardless of his on table antics. As there won't be another player like him.
                    Absolutely spot on man, agree with everything you said....

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      So who is going to supply all this money then ??
                      The money is all there, it just needs to be better structured. But it was a point Hearn made when he took over. To remove the high max prize but boost the lower ranked players earnings. So he could turn around and say that the players are better off. I do think a 30k min should be for a max, and add 5k for each tournament would be a lot better. It's not like were having a max every ranking tournament. remove £250 off 128 players and that is 32k. or £500 for the prize funds going to the last 64 and again 32k is made for the prize fund.

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        If i had of been in the crowd as soon as he potted the pink i would have stood up and left, i also would have been very vocal if anything was said.
                        He was short of pace on the penultimate red. Not saying he couldn't have got on the black but it wasn't straight forward. Who knows if he planned this or not - maybe even he didn't know.

Had you walked you'd have missed that blue - what a shot!

Comment

Some break that , whether you think he was right or wrong .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Didn't see it myself, but I feel fairly indifferent about his decision. Maybe if I'd seen it I might think differently, but if snooker politics are involved then he's certainly made a point, hasn't he?
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

smacked arse spoilt brat are the words that spring to mind....

what about the punters who bet on a 147 in the match or tournament?

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                                smacked arse spoilt brat are the words that spring to mind....

what about the punters who bet on a 147 in the match or tournament?
                                Should have bet on a 146, probably get better odds.

Comment

Working...
                                X