No announcement yet.

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was making sure of the highest break. 146 should nick the high break prize
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

He hasn't broken any rules, you can't tell a player what shots to play. Its his infantile behaviour during the frame that shows his true colours. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a statement saying he's sorry to the fans, and they are the reason he continues to play blah blah blah, which of course he won't mean a word of but his fan boys will lap up.
      Its done, in the great scheme of snooker it's a non event, he seems pleased with himself , and proud of what he did, end of story really.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Box office, bums on seats, giving Snooker more of a profile, generating interest - (peeing a few off also), controversial, arrogant, cheeky, ballsy -- I could go on.

Ronnie just turned it around big time, he looked fed up earlier and then to go on and do something like that !!

Good show - he has made his point now.

Comment

Really can't be bothered reading through 8 pages of this so apologies if it's already been said, if the difference between high break prize and 147 prize isn't substantial enough to risk it why not take the pink, as it's unlikely to be beat!
          As for upsetting the audience, would you like the opportunity of telling your friends you watched Ronnie make another 147, or give chapter and verse on his controversial 146?
          End of the day, despite this match only being covered on BBC Wales, Snooker made the main news this evening for the first time since the masters, love him or hate him good luck to him!
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Just read what he said on BBC Sport website . Interesting to see his take on it . If I could copy and paste on this iPad I would put it up but i am useless so I can't .

See Barry Hearn has tweeted a few comments .....not happy with what he did . But really he thinks ...great ....more coverage for snooker in the papers .
            Here's what he said

Englishman O'Sullivan had scored 80 in the break when he asked an official what the prize was for the highest break. He also asked the commentary box for information and looked visibly disappointed when told he could win up to £12,000.

"I knew it was £10,000. I could have done it, but I didn't think the prize was worthy of a 147. So I've tried to let it build up until it's worthy and then go for it," he said.

"It's like going into a Mercedes garage and when they say that you can have the car for £3,000, you reply, 'No way, that's too cheap. I'm not buying it for that'.

"Certain things have value, and a 147 is a special moment. I want it to feel special all round.

"But the punters still got value for money today. Now they've got something more to look forward to. There's still room for improvement.

"You like to entertain your fans. It's like a film. You want them to come back and watch the next one.

"There is no point in giving them the best ending they've ever had. Leave room for a better ending next time."
            After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
              He was short of pace on the penultimate red. Not saying he couldn't have got on the black but it wasn't straight forward. Who knows if he planned this or not - maybe even he didn't know.

Had you walked you'd have missed that blue - what a shot!
              Yes that blue was inch perfect
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Ronnies the biggest draw in the game but half the time he can't be arsed to play so it's laughable when he moans about prize money
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

In other hand,it's more memorabler than 147 for the fans who paid money to watched the game,isn't it?
                  we've saw a lot of 147 from him,but how many times have you guys watched him did that before?
                  we have absolutely no idea what ronnie gonna do next time,so it is what he is and what we enjoy and looking forward to,at least for me.
                  Last edited by crazybeans; 16 February 2016, 03:45 AM.

Comment

he'll make one in his next match and loose 4-1

Comment

any publicity is good publicity
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

"It's like going into a Mercedes garage and when they say that you can have the car for £3,000, you reply, 'No way, that's too cheap. I'm not buying it for that'.
                        eh?

This statement just goes to show how disconnected from reality he really is.

Comment

I thought it was funny he was laughing all the way through but he made a valid point stating a 147 is worth more than 10k and wanted the pot to build up more to make it worth while. Some other players getting all righteous etc about the 10k and charity really need to stfu, snooker needs characters snooker needs coverage and like Dean said any publicity is good publicity...even my Mrs was talking about it as it was all over the news in the gym.

Comment

Yes the mans a great player but he is also one of the biggest ego maniacs out there at times a right d... h...

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                              Here's what he said

"I knew it was £10,000. I could have done it, but I didn't think the prize was worthy of a 147. So I've tried to let it build up until it's worthy and then go for it," he said.
                              It builds up,,,, and then his mucker Selby takes all. That would be funny, imagine the fist pump from MS, the only player that dismantles Ronnie.
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

What a w*nker you are osullivan could of made the 147 and donated the money to a charity but then theirs always creepy little brown noses like you to stick up for the greedy disrespectful knob end

Comment

Working...
                                X