Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Out of interest, how does the prize for a 147 compare with what you get for a 9-dart finish in darts? Does that also vary by tournament?
    Yeah darts builds up tournament by tournament. Also imposed by Hearn.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
      It builds up,,,, and then his mucker Selby takes all. That would be funny, imagine the fist pump from MS, the only player that dismantles Ronnie.
      Oh I would LOVE to see that!!! :snooker:

Comment

HI Maybe he did not have the right angle for the Black ball and that is why
        he took the Pink Ball instead

Comment

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

yep turned down many a maxi myself cause of that lol

Comment

It's like in someways us working for a big massive company, where we've been the driving force, we've took the company to new heights, we've made the company bigger, we bring in more customers then anyone else, then we get a £10 bonus in a wage slip.
            Might be another stupid statement from me but you can see where I'm trying to come from here.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
              He's just done something the sport has never seen before, seemingly to make the statement that there's not enough money in the game. I don't believe any other player would have 'spoken out' like this and it seems to have been noticed as I heard it read out on national news shortly afterwards. It sends a clear message about what he thinks of snookers slow decline from the golden years and I think he let a lot of people down in the crowd by denying them perhaps the only chance they'll ever get to see a 147 in person.

Full video of the frame here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YGFkzJ7Ooo

Exactly, he's let the paying public down once again and especially for the folk who've never witnessed a 147! Why not make the maximum and give the £10k to a worthy charity?
              John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Oh I would LOVE to see that!!! :snooker:
                Anyone but Selby!
                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                  Exactly, he's let the paying public down once again and especially for the folk who've never witnessed a 147! Why not make the maximum and give the £10k to a worthy charity?
                  A worthy charity who's boss's earn 10k a week maybe, or do people also forget that Ronnie took time out of the game to earn thousands for the pink ribbon charity

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                    It's like in someways us working for a big massive company, where we've been the driving force, we've took the company to new heights, we've made the company bigger, we bring in more customers then anyone else, then we get a £10 bonus in a wage slip.
                    Might be another stupid statement from me but you can see where I'm trying to come from here.

+1 i know its not the same but an old company i used to work for used to pay our hourly rate then a bonus per day productivity, when you see someone work less for the same bonus or more it does stick in your throat.

I hope this causes Hearne to re think as it is worthy of a bigger prize.

Comment

• Originally Posted by leonardcan147 View Post

He can pot around corners, simply put he could easily have made an angle.
                      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                        Box office, bums on seats, giving Snooker more of a profile, generating interest - (peeing a few off also), controversial, arrogant, cheeky, ballsy -- I could go on.

Ronnie just turned it around big time, he looked fed up earlier and then to go on and do something like that !!

Good show - he has made his point now.
                        You're correct here. This is the most news coverage of snooker that I've seen in a very long time!
                        Last edited by tomperty; 16 February 2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
                          Your correct here. This is the most news coverage of snooker that I've seen in a very long time!
                          Exactly mate, its woken everybody up, got people talking, comments flying everywhere etc.
                          Its like a love / hate divide lol.
                          How about yourself - did you approve of his 146 or do you think he should have made the max ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by leonardcan147 View Post
                            Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                            He can pot around corners, simply put he could easily have made an angle.
                            Should take some lessons from Messi then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onlHw8zcuU

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                              Should take some lessons from Messi then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onlHw8zcuU
                              Wow, he had a lot of reverse side on that ball eh lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
                                Your correct here. This is the most news coverage of snooker that I've seen in a very long time!
                                +1, snooker in the limelight can only be a good thing.

what about players such as M.Williams not trying too hard once the frame is won, he could have had plenty more centuries if he had. Does he deserve a ban for not trying his hardest?

Comment

Working...
                                X