No announcement yet.

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie has given umpteen times more to the fans than the top 16 put together. Bjork once said that singing with your eyes closed is selfish, because you're supposed to be communicating your expression to the audience, not closing yourself off to them. That is essentially what what the other top 15 players in the world do. Even great players like Selby and Higgins are just literally playing 100% for themselves, to hell with what is supposed to be an entertainment business. They are the real crooks, playing like they're doing Data Entry.

Comment

• Ask the average Joe who mark selby, Neil Robertson is.. Who?

Ask anyone who Ronnie is?

He does it cos he enjoys all the fuss it causes. If it wasn't for ron snooker wouldn't have been all over the media this week, that's for sure...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Calm down lads, the mods may be watching
        I apologize but I just dont get how people can hate someone so much that they dont even know, so much that they take the time out of their day to insult and disrespect him lmao. Someone whos contributed so much to the sport they claim they love. I think he deserves some respect regardless of his personality antics.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
          Well there are plenty of things I could work hard at and I wouldn't get jack **** in return. I could build up the biggest and best stamp collection known to man but do you think people are actually going to pay me to see it? No

Ronnie should consider himself a very privileged guy, not only because he has been blessed with a tremendous amount of talent, but also because there are plenty of people out there who are interested in his talent and will pay him to see him exhibit this talent. And yet, your attitude seems to be that he doesn't owe anybody anything simply because he has 'worked hard'. Well it's not how it works I'm afraid, Ronnie relies on a lot of people so he can lead the very privileged life he leads and he could do with recognising that, it would prevent him from being such an arrogant buffoon.

P.S. Can't wait until he retires because I find his matches incredibly dull and predictable.
          Yes im sure you predicted he was going to make a 146 in the fashion that he did. Lol you're literally the only person in the world who could watch Ronnie play and think hes dull.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hatcherjob View Post
            Ronnie has given umpteen times more to the fans than the top 16 put together. Bjork once said that singing with your eyes closed is selfish, because you're supposed to be communicating your expression to the audience, not closing yourself off to them. That is essentially what what the other top 15 players in the world do. Even great players like Selby and Higgins are just literally playing 100% for themselves, to hell with what is supposed to be an entertainment business. They are the real crooks, playing like they're doing Data Entry.
            last time i looked snooker was a SPORT not a bloody entertainment business, if you want that, go to watch the bloody WWE

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
              I apologize but I just dont get how people can hate someone so much that they dont even know, so much that they take the time out of their day to insult and disrespect him lmao. Someone whos contributed so much to the sport they claim they love. I think he deserves some respect regardless of his personality antics.
              getting embarrasing now, take your head out of saint ronnie of essex's backside for once will you? hes got nowt on some of the older lot from the game with antics but they did it properly especially alex higgins..... ronnie is just a spoilt petulant idiot who needs bringing back down to planet earth once in a while

Comment

• Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                last time i looked snooker was a SPORT not a bloody entertainment business, if you want that, go to watch the bloody WWE
                Sports: "Sport (UK) or sports (US) are all forms of usually competitive physical activity or games which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing ENTERTAINMENT to participants, and in some cases, spectators."

Comment

• Tooooo much love and hate on here boys. Sounds like school playground.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

getting embarrasing now, take your head out of saint ronnie of essex's backside for once will you? hes got nowt on some of the older lot from the game with antics but they did it properly especially alex higgins..... ronnie is just a spoilt petulant idiot who needs bringing back down to planet earth once in a while
                    Lol whats embarrassing is that whenever Ronnie is mentioned on this forum you can always count on good old Andy to be there and talk smack. How salty can you be.

Comment

Sports: "Sport (UK) or sports (US) are all forms of usually competitive physical activity or games which,[1] through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing ENTERTAINMENT to participants, and in some cases, spectators."
                      sporty first, - to play to th ehighest possible standard and get the highest possible totals and wins...

entertainment is a long way behind.

Comment

Lol whats embarrassing is that whenever Ronnie is mentioned on this forum you can always count on good old Andy to be there and talk smack. How salty can you be.
                        not at all, its just embarrassing how people think he is the be all and end all of snooker, well it isnt! the game was here well before him and will continue just fine without him and his cronies in the crowd giving slack jawed shouts when they shouldnt be.

Comment

sporty first, - to play to th ehighest possible standard and get the highest possible totals and wins...

entertainment is a long way behind.
                          People (viewers) watch sports for entertainment. Therefore it is part of a sports athletes job to compete and entertain.

Comment

not at all, its just embarrassing how people think he is the be all and end all of snooker, well it isnt! the game was here well before him and will continue just fine without him and his cronies in the crowd giving slack jawed shouts when they shouldnt be.
                            Well I'm not really arguing thats the case but all I ask is that you respect the man for his accomplishments and ability in the game. If you cant do that then at least dont be petty and slander him.

Comment

People (viewers) watch sports for entertainment. Therefore it is part of a sports athletes job to compete and entertain.
                              nope a sportsman or womans job is to perform to the highest possible standards and to win, nowt is made from being entertaining..... apart from in exhibitions

Comment

• Can you imagine the stick Alex would have had if we had the net and snooker forums back then... Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X