X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
    Exactly, he's let the paying public down once again and especially for the folk who've never witnessed a 147! Why not make the maximum and give the £10k to a worthy charity?
    A worthy charity who's boss's earn 10k a week maybe, or do people also forget that Ronnie took time out of the game to earn thousands for the pink ribbon charity

Leave a comment:

• shmeeko69
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Oh I would LOVE to see that!!! :snooker:
    Anyone but Selby!

Leave a comment:

• shmeeko69
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
    He's just done something the sport has never seen before, seemingly to make the statement that there's not enough money in the game. I don't believe any other player would have 'spoken out' like this and it seems to have been noticed as I heard it read out on national news shortly afterwards. It sends a clear message about what he thinks of snookers slow decline from the golden years and I think he let a lot of people down in the crowd by denying them perhaps the only chance they'll ever get to see a 147 in person.

Full video of the frame here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YGFkzJ7Ooo

Exactly, he's let the paying public down once again and especially for the folk who've never witnessed a 147! Why not make the maximum and give the £10k to a worthy charity?

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    It's like in someways us working for a big massive company, where we've been the driving force, we've took the company to new heights, we've made the company bigger, we bring in more customers then anyone else, then we get a £10 bonus in a wage slip.
    Might be another stupid statement from me but you can see where I'm trying to come from here.

Leave a comment:

• golferson123
    replied
    Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

yep turned down many a maxi myself cause of that lol

Leave a comment:

• leonardcan147
    replied
    HI Maybe he did not have the right angle for the Black ball and that is why
    he took the Pink Ball instead

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    It builds up,,,, and then his mucker Selby takes all. That would be funny, imagine the fist pump from MS, the only player that dismantles Ronnie.
    Oh I would LOVE to see that!!! :snooker:

Leave a comment:

• Phil C
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Out of interest, how does the prize for a 147 compare with what you get for a 9-dart finish in darts? Does that also vary by tournament?
    Yeah darts builds up tournament by tournament. Also imposed by Hearn.

Leave a comment:

• shotgunwullie
    replied
    What a w*nker you are osullivan could of made the 147 and donated the money to a charity but then theirs always creepy little brown noses like you to stick up for the greedy disrespectful knob end

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Originally Posted by scottley View Post
    Here's what he said

"I knew it was £10,000. I could have done it, but I didn't think the prize was worthy of a 147. So I've tried to let it build up until it's worthy and then go for it," he said.
    It builds up,,,, and then his mucker Selby takes all. That would be funny, imagine the fist pump from MS, the only player that dismantles Ronnie.

Leave a comment:

• grimreaper
    replied
    Yes the mans a great player but he is also one of the biggest ego maniacs out there at times a right d... h...

Leave a comment:

• tariq
    replied
    I thought it was funny he was laughing all the way through but he made a valid point stating a 147 is worth more than 10k and wanted the pot to build up more to make it worth while. Some other players getting all righteous etc about the 10k and charity really need to stfu, snooker needs characters snooker needs coverage and like Dean said any publicity is good publicity...even my Mrs was talking about it as it was all over the news in the gym.

Leave a comment:

• P.Smith
    replied
    "It's like going into a Mercedes garage and when they say that you can have the car for £3,000, you reply, 'No way, that's too cheap. I'm not buying it for that'.
    eh?

This statement just goes to show how disconnected from reality he really is.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    any publicity is good publicity

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    he'll make one in his next match and loose 4-1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X