X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
    Not at all, I really enjoy watching the guy like we all do and found it hilarious when he took the pink on instead. I'm just looking for people opinion on the matter
    yes it was, and the way he was chuckling through most of it you knew something was going to happen. its a curcus and hes the main act,. what ever the reason, i totally get it
    all that hes put in to this game, he can do what ever he wants. licence to kill

Leave a comment:

• wake_up_bomb
    replied
    I am a fan of Ronnie and nothing will change that. But to say that £10,000 isn't enough money for him to bother to do something that he should feel obliged to do as a professional player is pretty classless. I'm a fan of Federer as well, and he is way wealthier than Ronnie, but he would never in a month of Sundays show such a lack of respect to the paying public, to whom £10,000 is a lot of money. You should try to make a 147 even if there is no prize money. Also, what's he going to do if the chance comes up again in this tournament? Refuse to do it again? Is he never going to try to make a 147 ever again unless he gets more than ten grand for it? Childish behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• tomperty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Another Ronnie battering thread coming up.
    Not at all, I really enjoy watching the guy like we all do and found it hilarious when he took the pink on instead. I'm just looking for people opinion on the matter

Leave a comment:

• bolton-cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    aye.... wait 'til the usual suspects get home from work / the day centre / job centre and get the soap boxes out.

Should be fun

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    He is a complete knob
    Hopefully another player gets one who might appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sixofclubs
    replied
    Have to say my first reaction on hearing it on the radio was "what a t~~~er".

There are millions of people in this country whose lives could drastically be improved with that sort of money and he just turns it down, not to mention forgets about the people who have paid good money to watch him play and would cherish for the rest of their lives seeing a live 147 from the best player the game has ever seen.

But then his interesting character is what makes him so compelling. Another mad day in the life of ROS.

Leave a comment:

• tomperty
    started a topic Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

He's just done something the sport has never seen before, seemingly to make the statement that there's not enough money in the game. I don't believe any other player would have 'spoken out' like this and it seems to have been noticed as I heard it read out on national news shortly afterwards. It sends a clear message about what he thinks of snookers slow decline from the golden years and I think he let a lot of people down in the crowd by denying them perhaps the only chance they'll ever get to see a 147 in person.

Full video of the frame here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YGFkzJ7Ooo
Working...
X