Gdynia Open '16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Wonderful coverage of the final by ES. Their programme slot runs out of time and simply cuts off half way through the 5th frame. No explanation, no nothing. The final is repeated tomorrow at 17:30, so hopefully they can stay with it till the end this time.
    Not a lot you can say really, would any broadcaster treat any other sport like that? I doubt it. Who's to blame? Well, who's taking a shed load of money from the sport as payment for his expertise in promotion? Surely ensuring that we get to see the end of a final comes somewhere within that remit? This sort of thing is hardly going to endear the sport to newcomers, is it.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

My review of finals day...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-gdyni...or-selby-.html

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Not a lot you can say really, would any broadcaster treat any other sport like that? I doubt it. Who's to blame? Well, who's taking a shed load of money from the sport as payment for his expertise in promotion? Surely ensuring that we get to see the end of a final comes somewhere within that remit? This sort of thing is hardly going to endear the sport to newcomers, is it.

-
        Unbelievable! After I posted this I did begin to wonder if they'd simply not bothered to extend the program time on the Sky EPG, meaning that only those who'd recorded the program missed out, but was this not the case? Surely you're not saying that even watching it live, the broadcast simply ended at the same point???
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Unbelievable! After I posted this I did begin to wonder if they'd simply not bothered to extend the program time on the Sky EPG, meaning that only those who'd recorded the program missed out, but was this not the case? Surely you're not saying that even watching it live, the broadcast simply ended at the same point???
          On British Eurosport 2 it run all the way through of that I am sure

Comment

Nah, I watched it on the ES Player, I was basing my righteous indignation on your post alone and now you tell me it was just your recorder that stopped, not the actual program? Cheers mate.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I do apologise

I did say it was the program slot that came to an end, but I obviously wasn't clear enough.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
              X