Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gdynia Open '16

Qualies are on today: http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=425

Looking forward to catch some matches during this weekend.
    There is lot to be decided in this tournament, so it will be interesting.

Btw. part of interview with Stuart Bingham, available on worldsnooker website:
    'This week I made three 147s and a 145 within five frames in practice.'
    I guess this is not bad :-)

Comment

Matthew Stevens has lost some weight. You can see he's a bit leaner than he was before.

Anyways...looking forward to watching some snooker this weekend.

Comment

Sam Baird, he just beat Micheal White, was a good match, he can play, cant wait to see how far he can go... very good potter, did not see him play much safety play....
        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Did Judd Trump miss the plane, I think I seen a W/O by Micheal Williams...
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Gdynia Open '16

I thought it was because he did the League but he is not there either.
            maybe he wanted a break ?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Hal View Post
              Looking forward to catch some matches during this weekend.
              There is lot to be decided in this tournament, so it will be interesting.

Btw. part of interview with Stuart Bingham, available on worldsnooker website:
              'This week I made three 147s and a 145 within five frames in practice.'
              I guess this is not bad :-)

Lets hope he can bring that form into matchplay, he's had a shocker of a season after becoming World Champ.

Comment

I don't want to say anything in case I jinx it but come on TSF pro!

Comment

Can someone help clarify something that happened during the Bingham/Patrick match this morning. Patrick played out of a snooker and nestled into the side of the pack. The referee (don't know her name sorry) checked for a touching ball, turned to Bingham and said, "No." suggesting it wasn't a TB. Bingham then got down and clipped off the pink back into baulk. No foul was called.

My understanding is that ref doesn't actually declare a non-TB, and that if there's any question, they simply say nothing to indicate it is not touching.

And more to the point, if she WAS indicated the ball's weren't touching, why was no foul called?
                  Last edited by Billy; 27 February 2016, 11:48 AM.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

he may have skimmed a red before the pink?

well done Frazz
                    yes, Bingham not playing well at all but the other player still has to play and win

Comment

No, rewound several times, and he plays the shot as though it's TB. Clips off the pink, no red hit. I can only assume it WAS a TB, but it was the ref's call of "No." that confused me as much as anything.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

which frame was it?

Comment

Now you're asking. Hold on.

Third shot in the sixth.

Have a look, but I MAY be mistaken. He may have just shaved a red, but it's so difficult to tell.
                          Last edited by Billy; 27 February 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I do think he very very finely shaves the red just below the pink
                            on full screen, slow-mo, fast-mo, stop frame, it does seem to rock very slightly
                            the ref (Desislava Bozhilova) was right over his shoulder so sure she got a clear view.

Comment

Yeah, I suspect so. I am right in saying that a ref, strictly speaking, shouldn't declare a non-TB, aren't I?

Of course it could be that Stuart asked the question.

Comment

Working...
                              X