2016 Ladbrokes Players Championship Grand Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. :smile:

No time to watch that in full unfortunately, since the live snooker has already started. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
      Phukkas, eh? Where abouts? Not many snooker tables on phuket.
      I'm in the south - Rawai - haven't found any snooker tables down here. But up in town there are a few clubs.

There are some fairly decent 9-foot pool tables down here though.

So, is Walden going to cave, or give Allen a fight? My money's on Allen .

Comment

• turning point?

Comment

• Is it me or is there a lot of background noise like they are playing next to a motorway? It's that constant noise like someone hasn't put a wind shield over a microphone near the table. Not a major deal but something I've not noticed in other tournaments. The camera also seems like it's zoomed out more so the table looks smaller. Again, not a big deal but it does seem different to the 'standard' full table length view.

I'm hoping to see Walden win but after missing that easy red he could go 8-6 behind.
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• 2016 Ladbrokes Players Championship Grand Finals

probably still a storm raging outside?
            did you see earlier session when thunder and hail "stopped" play
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Very low quality final i think, absolute tosh in fact!

And talking about cue action, everything about Waldens is truly awful and his bottle definitely isn't in his back pocket

Comment

• It's like watching the National Gurning Championship when these 2 get to the table !
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• I see no one has much to say tonight, or at least not anything positive. Well, I for one quite enjoyed this final, although obviously it wasn't the highest standard. Mark Allen was due a big title, after a series of major finals and semi-finals over the last two years. It's a shame he isn't playing in the China Open, but this title should give him lots of confidence ahead of the World Championship.

The PTC Finals are not my favourite tournament, as you probably know, but the longer matches over the weekend were a massive improvement compared to the last few years.

The China Open next, starting in a couple of hours. Shall we stay up all night to do a preview and maybe watch a bit of the opening session, or shall we go to bed? Honestly, the latter sounds more appealing. :smile:

Comment

• Odrl and fantasy company -> don't go to sleep just yet, China Open entries close in 3h time :P

PS: Damn was I lucky picking Allen just for this event

Comment

• Originally Posted by _royle View Post
                      Odrl and fantasy company -> don't go to sleep just yet, China Open entries close in 3h time :P

PS: Damn was I lucky picking Allen just for this event
                      I bet not many people are staying up to catch this small window. :smile:

Ah well, I wasted most of my advantage in this tournament by going for Trump. Selby let me down with his withdrawal, so I had to replace him, and I had the money to buy anyone I wanted. Trump seemed like my best bet. :smile: And shame on Woollaston as well. If he had taken any of his 36 chances against Murphy in the decider...

We'll see. The China Open is a much more important tournament. It has more rounds and longer matches, so there are a lot more points available. :smile:

Comment

• My review of the final...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-ladbr...the-final.html

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          I see no one has much to say tonight, or at least not anything positive. Well, I for one quite enjoyed this final, although obviously it wasn't the highest standard. Mark Allen was due a big title, after a series of major finals and semi-finals over the last two years. It's a shame he isn't playing in the China Open, but this title should give him lots of confidence ahead of the World Championship.

The PTC Finals are not my favourite tournament, as you probably know, but the longer matches over the weekend were a massive improvement compared to the last few years.
                          I enjoyed it too, had a bit of everything, as they say, including some nice long bouts of tactical play. 10 of the 12 frames played had breaks over 50, which I'd say was a pretty good standard. Fair dues to Mark, although I would like to have seen A Walden win, Allen deserved it in the end. I did wonder whether he'd struggle to get that final frame but he held his nerve well. And as you say, the longer matches made a big difference.

All in all, an enjoyable tournament for me and hats off again to ITV, good job.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Not a best played final, but as a whole, the weekend play was good. Congratulations to Mark Allen, he was about to win something and as for Ricky Walden, it was a huge improvement of his precedings results this season so far.
                            I really don't like frames like the 7th was, it was not about great safety play but more of both players strugling too much and then just playing containing safeties. Looking forward to China Opena tomorrow....

Comment

• Quite a let-down of a final to be honest. Was disappointed that Selby pulled out too. The China Open is a more important tournament so hopefully we see a step up inn standards before the Worlds.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                                The China Open next, starting in a couple of hours. Shall we stay up all night to do a preview and maybe watch a bit of the opening session... :smile:
                                Watching it now in the afternoon in Thailand! :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X