2016 Ladbrokes Players Championship Grand Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
    Its reflected in the amount of posts on here too, we're well into day 2 and this is only the 15th post, a lack of big names ain't helping either, not many people stayed up to watch Dunn v McLeod last night i bet lol
    I stayed up and watched till the bitter end lol, I'm thinking of asking for some sort of compensation.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I stayed up for that one too, Judd's little quip about them being his favourite players was the highlight of that match.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        I stayed up and watched till the bitter end lol, I'm thinking of asking for some sort of compensation.

I stayed till the bitter end too, Dunn did some cracking pots to be fair to him, them sort of matches are for the real hardcore fans haha.
        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

im there tomorrow night... not going make sure im there too early as there doesnt seem to much demand for seats
          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

there now easy to get on front row! nice performance from day.

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
              I stayed till the bitter end too, Dunn did some cracking pots to be fair to him, them sort of matches are for the real hardcore fans haha.
              It always strikes me that the meaning of that phrase seems to be the wrong way around, surely the 'purist' would find the grinders beneath them. I mean, would a 'purist' audiophile rather listen through some Moon Audios, or a pair old Amstrads? No offence Rory, Mike.

Anyway, I enjoyed what I saw of McLeod v Dunn last night, Dunn's clearance of the colours to take the 4th frame by just 1 point was excellent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Kuir51Dk#t=227

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but sometimes winning seems to mean so much more when it's not so easy, and for me, the tension that creates is enthralling.
              And hats off to ITV4 for switching to an untelevised match once the scheduled one was over, not too difficult after all ay. It was also nice to see Hendry's 1997 147 against Ronnie again, always worth a watch that one.

Looking forward to MJW v DD now, 2 players I really enjoy watching. One for the purists? :wink:

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Great win for Ryan Day tonight. His breaks in the 2nd and 3rd frame were beautifully executed!

Now Willo is taking on Dominic Dale....who's wearing his famous pair of choes Gotta love Dominic's excentricity, I think it's good for the game. Fed up to see two undertakers facing each other! #bringonsomecolourffs!
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Mark Williams playing awful.

Comment

Out of curiosity, does anyone know which brand are Dale's zebra-stripped shoes?
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by ashmadden View Post
                      Mark Williams playing awful.
                      Still lovely to watch though, even when he's awful. Anyway, he's starting to warm up a bit now.
                      Good frame for Dom that to take them to 2 all....

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

mjw losing the white a lot

come on DD
                        (regardless of footwear )
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Poor turnouts and enthusiasm from Manchester so far. I've seen a good number of quite brilliant shots go by without so much as a murmur from the crowd.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

lovely lucky split for DD
                            he went for it and got it

Comment

and then ...

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Poor turnouts and enthusiasm from Manchester so far. I've seen a good number of quite brilliant shots go by without so much as a murmur from the crowd.
                                Probably just cause its early days with the turnout

Comment

Working...
                                X