Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 China Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
    Bit of a strange comment, or do you know something i don't ??
    Just something I read... http://goo.gl/9tyl1e

    Comment


    • #17
      I enjoyed the snooker today, particularly Marco Fu's match, where he made three centuries and two more breaks over 60. He is hard to play against when he scores that well.

      We've had an unusual number of surprises so far, Yuan Sijun beating Gould 5-0 being the biggest one. Yuan is the only Chinese player to progress to the last32 (Tian is still to play Hawkins in the last64), so I hope can give Dott a good game.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BusterBloodvessel View Post
        Just something I read... http://goo.gl/9tyl1e

        Well that seems reliable 😆
        what you doing reading them dodgy sites anyway 😅

        Comment


        • #19
          Well he was here a long time..... Muppet!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
            What happenned to Stuart Carrington exactly ?
            what do you mean?
            missed a lot being at work
            Up the TSF!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DeanH View Post
              Originally posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
              What happenned to Stuart Carrington exactly ?
              what do you mean?
              missed a lot being at work
              ah I see, has has given a walk over
              Up the TSF!

              Comment


              • #22
                don't know, Trump was given a walkover on Stuart but Stuart still made the trip according to earn, so was present on chinese soil.
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Odrl View Post
                  I enjoyed the snooker today, particularly Marco Fu's match, where he made three centuries and two more breaks over 60. He is hard to play against when he scores that well.

                  We've had an unusual number of surprises so far, Yuan Sijun beating Gould 5-0 being the biggest one. Yuan is the only Chinese player to progress to the last32 (Tian is still to play Hawkins in the last64), so I hope can give Dott a good game.
                  he played very well indeed.
                  maybe has sumthing to do with his new cue .

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                    What happenned to Stuart Carrington exactly ?

                    "Carrington withdrew due to illness" according to http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=22

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Bingham must have been quite close to O´Sullivans record number of unanswered points. Anyone who remembers how many o`Sulllivan made ?
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rane View Post
                        Bingham must have been quite close to O´Sullivans record number of unanswered points. Anyone who remembers how many o`Sulllivan made ?
                        556.

                        I think Bingham had 547 against Baird before missing a black. So he would have only needed a red and a colour to break the record, and he did get position.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          There is absolutely no one in the audience. Place is completely empty lol

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It makes you wonder about the actual popularity they bang on about in China when you see empty arena's out there all the time, eh!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The game is popular in China but mainly for the younger people who have more interest playing than watching I believe.

                              Also I've heard that a big problem in these events is the ticket prices are quite high compared to that of the UK and of course wages in China are a fraction of what they are here. I think that is why we see poor crowds, add into the fact that half the time the players simply can't be bothered with some of the events and when their big names like Ding and Wenbo go out and with no Ronnie, the only real name they care about left is Trump.

                              I think Barry is under pressure now to get more UK events on the calendar. The majority of players live here so it makes economic sense for all to just get more events here. China is not a market that is ever going to take off because as we can see the events are just not supported well enough.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by cueman View Post
                                The game is popular in China but mainly for the younger people who have more interest playing than watching I believe.

                                Also I've heard that a big problem in these events is the ticket prices are quite high compared to that of the UK and of course wages in China are a fraction of what they are here. I think that is why we see poor crowds, add into the fact that half the time the players simply can't be bothered with some of the events and when their big names like Ding and Wenbo go out and with no Ronnie, the only real name they care about left is Trump.

                                I think Barry is under pressure now to get more UK events on the calendar. The majority of players live here so it makes economic sense for all to just get more events here. China is not a market that is ever going to take off because as we can see the events are just not supported well enough.
                                It seems like the pricemoney are allright in the big china tournaments, so I think it´s more about getting the ticketprices down to a level the fans can afford. If snooker´s going to survive as more than a clubsport in UK, it has to go worldwide with higher pricemoney by my opinion.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X