Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    There he goes! Maguire wins 5-1 on Alfie Burden to clinch back his top 16 position! Ding will have to go through the quals......:/ Sad for him!

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    This is what Mark King said indeed, that Murphy missed his red on purpose. Class act...

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by cally View Post
    What was mark kings tweets about?
    I don't SN, but from what I can gather, a loud bang disrupted MK on a safety shot and he messed up, leaving Murphy in the balls. Murphy then came to the table to ask if the balls could be replaced so he could replay the shot. When the ref refused SM either turned down a pot or missed on purpose.

This is mainly guesswork from what I've read, so I may be mistaken.
    Last edited by Billy; 1 April 2016, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    Walden is through to the semis after thrashing Bingo 5-1. Higgins is there too after beating Noppon Saengkham in a strange game. Higgo was cruising 4-0 before the Thai made a comeback in the middle of a flurry of unforced errors from both players. Quite a bunch of shocking misses.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Oh yeah haha, saw your post re the ball cleaning thing.
    I agree, seen several players do it too.

Who said its a gentlemans game eh

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Nah mate, I wouldnt say so
    He can be like that yeah, he is showing a glint of form though recently - cant see him bagging the WC again though.
    Yeah, maybe a tad unfair, but he does seems to ooze a negativity.

Turning into a day of rants for me this morning, and here's another: Higgins is really starting to get on me pecks with his demands to the ref of "Clean the White."

Say please you rude man, please.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Maybes, but it does make me a wee bit hypocritical

Elsewhere, I think the snooker nickname creators should reconsider Bingham's. Maybe 'Stuart woe-is-me Bingham' would suit him better. He looks a beaten man when he walks out for his matches these days. If I owned a bookies I would be letting punters name their own price for him retaining his WC crown in April.
    Nah mate, I wouldnt say so
    He can be like that yeah, he is showing a glint of form though recently - cant see him bagging the WC again though.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Haha, nothing wrong with being an armchair supporter
    Maybes, but it does make me a wee bit hypocritical

Elsewhere, I think the snooker nickname creators should reconsider Bingham's. Maybe 'Stuart woe-is-me Bingham' would suit him better. He looks a beaten man during his walk-ons these days, let alone during the match. If I owned a bookies I would be letting punters name their own price for him retaining his WC crown in April.
    Last edited by Billy; 1 April 2016, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    What was mark kings tweets about?

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    It should be another good day tomorrow. We have quite a few underdogs in the quarter-finals this time, but I suspect none of them will get through to the semi-finals.

The Walden-Bingham match is the only one featuring two top players. Both are starting to play their best snooker of the season in recent weeks, so it should be a good game. I will try to watch it live in the morning, or at least watch the recording in full before the afternoon match starts. It could go either way, but I would give Bingham a slight edge.

Trump has a habit of putting in a poor performance once he becomes the tournament favourite, but I have the feeling it won't happen this time. King won 5-0 today, but the frame scores indicate it was a closer match than it looks, with three frames decided on pink or black. It also seems to have been fairly scrappy, judging by the absence of big breaks. If Trump scores like he did today, I don't think King will have any answer for him.

Higgins also impressed today, and he is pretty immune to being beaten by underdogs at the business end of tournaments. It will be Noppon Saengkham's first appearance in a major quarter-final, and he is up against probably the most experienced player on the tour, so it would be a pleasant surprise if he made a match of it.

Maguire really took advantage of the easy draw this week and got himself on the verge of getting into the top16 ahead of the World Championship. He just needs one more win. A focused and concentrated Maguire is always tough to beat, although stats show that Burden is scoring a lot better than him this week. I think this is the match where the underdog possibly has the best chance. :smile:
    Most experienced player has to be Jimmy White ;-) But Higgins is the most experienced who still are able to compete at highest level together with O´Sullivan.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    I once heard a theory that it was the extortionate price of tickets over there, but if that's the case someone should be doing something about it because I truly believe such poor attendances are detrimental to the game.

Says the man who's never been to a live match in his life.
    It could be an explanation to the pitiful attendances then. We need some researchers on that one.

Haha, nothing wrong with being an armchair supporter

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I know someone who went to Beijing recently and he stated there were a lot of Snooker halls there, packed out and good set ups.
    However the crowds in the tournaments just arent there.
    I once heard a theory that it was the extortionate price of tickets over there, but if that's the case someone should be doing something about it because I truly believe such poor attendances are detrimental to the game.

Says the man who's never been to a live match in his life.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Remember a few years ago when some were suggesting China was going to be the new home of snooker? Let's hope not, eh? I'm still waiting to see any evidence of its supposed popularity over there.
    I know someone who went to Beijing recently and he stated there were a lot of Snooker halls there, packed out and good set ups.
    However the crowds in the tournaments just arent there.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Remember a few years ago when some were suggesting China was going to be the new home of snooker? Let's hope not, eh? I'm still waiting to see any evidence of its supposed popularity over there.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    It should be another good day tomorrow. We have quite a few underdogs in the quarter-finals this time, but I suspect none of them will get through to the semi-finals.

The Walden-Bingham match is the only one featuring two top players. Both are starting to play their best snooker of the season in recent weeks, so it should be a good game. I will try to watch it live in the morning, or at least watch the recording in full before the afternoon match starts. It could go either way, but I would give Bingham a slight edge.

Trump has a habit of putting in a poor performance once he becomes the tournament favourite, but I have the feeling it won't happen this time. King won 5-0 today, but the frame scores indicate it was a closer match than it looks, with three frames decided on pink or black. It also seems to have been fairly scrappy, judging by the absence of big breaks. If Trump scores like he did today, I don't think King will have any answer for him.

Higgins also impressed today, and he is pretty immune to being beaten by underdogs at the business end of tournaments. It will be Noppon Saengkham's first appearance in a major quarter-final, and he is up against probably the most experienced player on the tour, so it would be a pleasant surprise if he made a match of it.

Maguire really took advantage of the easy draw this week and got himself on the verge of getting into the top16 ahead of the World Championship. He just needs one more win. A focused and concentrated Maguire is always tough to beat, although stats show that Burden is scoring a lot better than him this week. I think this is the match where the underdog possibly has the best chance. :smile:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X