No announcement yet.

2016 China Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good match between Ricky Walden and John Higgins, back to back finals for Walden, not too shabby. I have noticed that Higgins was missing lot of "power" shots (at least 4 or 5 in this match). Looking forward to Stephen Maguire Judd Trump affair later today, I will be cheering for Scot.

Comment

Nice break from Walden in the decider, most players would have probably succumbed to the pressure against Higgins in that situation. :smile:

Good stuff from Trump so far as well, although the scoreline could have been a lot different if a couple of shots had worked out better for Maguire. Maguire is not exactly the most positive person, is he? Hard to see him turning it around when he is in such a bad mood already. :smile:

Comment

Walden did well there. Not as easy task with Higgins doing what Higgins does, clawing frames back until you find yourself in a decider with your lead and head shot.

Comment

Not much to say ahead of the final tomorrow...

Walden and Trump have been the two best players this week, no doubt about that. They have hardly any history between them, only one match in a major event, and Trump won it 5-4. They have won seven ranking titles between them, five of them in China, so they couldn't have found a more fitting place for this final. I expect the game to be fast and high-scoring throughout, and ultimately fairly close, although both of them are good front-runners and capable of wining comfortably as well.

I called both semi-finals wrong yesterday, but that won't stop me making a prediction here. Trump to win 10-8. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            Mark should have had Jud yesterday, but he simply squandered too many good chances.

The commentators' praise of the 'crowds' is making me laugh, talking about how respectful they are because there are no mobile phones going off. Do you think the lack of mobile phones going off has anything to do with the lack of people?
            What baffles me about this and other Asian tournaments is the lack of crowd. The TV viewing figures are excellent, but the audience figures are poor. I though the future of snooker was supposed to be from this part of the word?
            John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

It's a blag.... The future of snooker isn't in China at all. IMHO of course...

It was the same with Thailand in the 80's... How many tournies are there now?

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post

it cant be a pay thing they are snapping up grand cues, just doesn't seem to have the atmosphere, too removed not close enough to the action

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of the snooker marketing machine tapping in to a huge population. Thailand with a population of about 68m was NEVER going to replace the UK, whereas China with 1.4b folk would be the perfect place to promote a sport which has lost a of it's popularity in the UK in recent times.
                  John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Can't see it happening..

Bloody 'ell when did the snooker start? I turned it on and trump was 8 -1 or 2 up...

Comment

Can't see it happening..

Bloody 'ell when did the snooker start? I turned it on and trump was 8 -1 or 2 up...
                      He can't have been 8-1 up, because he was 3-1 down at the start of the match. :smile:

Comment

Well he was when I turned it on. It's finito now.. Lol

Ignore me, even though I'm posting in here..' The' China' open thread.. I forgot about the time difference for a mo. What a tool.. Lol

Comment

I looked at the bbc website yesterday and it said the final started at 2.30, for God's sake!

Comment

A good win for Trump then...

It was a pretty good tournament all in all, with some good and high-quality matches, but unfortunately Trump's final two matches were a little too one-sided for my taste. It's good that he finally managed to win a big title though, as he has been playing some great snooker this season. It's kind of like when Robertson won it in 2013. :smile:

Time for a little break from snooker now, to recharge the batteries ahead of the World Championship. :smile:

Comment

The audience numbers were terrible .....if it is a money thing with the price of tickets , i am sure Mr Hearn is on to the promoters to get this addressed . Can't think he will let that go on for much longer like that .

Surely better selling more tickets at a cheaper price than virtually none at a higher price .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

It'll just die a death in China over the coming years IMO...

The years these tournies have been in China now and the crowds aren't building whatsoever. Getting worse if anything..
                                Last edited by cally; 4 April 2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X