X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    I've never travelled further than UK to Prague - does it really make that big a difference if you go to China for a few weeks? Surely within a few days you'd be back to normal?
    As a frequent traveller, it really depends of the people but yes, time difference affects your body. When travelling towards the east, you're jumping in time so it is more difficult to catch up sleep while going west, you go back in time. I often went to the US west coast and found it easier to recover because I was back 9hrs in time, so plenty of time to sleep.
    Now, it really depends and the jetlag is coped very differently from one person to another. Up to 6hrs of time difference, it's manageable. Above that level, you need a good couple of days to start getting accustomed.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    I've never travelled further than UK to Prague - does it really make that big a difference if you go to China for a few weeks? Surely within a few days you'd be back to normal?
    I'd guess so to, they must be used to it now with all the tourneys going on.
    I recall a player in the last tournament actually had his suitcase with him ready to fly off straight after.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shmeeko69
    replied
    Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    A good win for Judd Trump, even though the longer you stay in China, the harder it gets to recover from jetlag when back in the UK. I hope his preparation for Sheffield won't be too altered. Anyway, it's surprising this is only his 5th ranking even win....
    He's young and has nearly two weeks to prepare for Sheffield, so he'll be alright

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    A good win for Judd Trump, even though the longer you stay in China, the harder it gets to recover from jetlag when back in the UK. I hope his preparation for Sheffield won't be too altered. Anyway, it's surprising this is only his 5th ranking even win....

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    It'll just die a death in China over the coming years IMO...

The years these tournies have been in China now and the crowds aren't building whatsoever. Getting worse if anything..
    Last edited by cally; 4 April 2016, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Originally Posted by cally View Post
    It's a blag.... The future of snooker isn't in China at all. IMHO of course...

It was the same with Thailand in the 80's... How many tournies are there now?

The audience numbers were terrible .....if it is a money thing with the price of tickets , i am sure Mr Hearn is on to the promoters to get this addressed . Can't think he will let that go on for much longer like that .

Surely better selling more tickets at a cheaper price than virtually none at a higher price .

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    A good win for Trump then...

It was a pretty good tournament all in all, with some good and high-quality matches, but unfortunately Trump's final two matches were a little too one-sided for my taste. It's good that he finally managed to win a big title though, as he has been playing some great snooker this season. It's kind of like when Robertson won it in 2013. :smile:

Time for a little break from snooker now, to recharge the batteries ahead of the World Championship. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    I looked at the bbc website yesterday and it said the final started at 2.30, for God's sake!

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Well he was when I turned it on. It's finito now.. Lol

Ignore me, even though I'm posting in here..' The' China' open thread.. I forgot about the time difference for a mo. What a tool.. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Can't see it happening..

Bloody 'ell when did the snooker start? I turned it on and trump was 8 -1 or 2 up...
    He can't have been 8-1 up, because he was 3-1 down at the start of the match. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Can't see it happening..

Bloody 'ell when did the snooker start? I turned it on and trump was 8 -1 or 2 up...

Leave a comment:

• shmeeko69
    replied

I was thinking along the lines of the snooker marketing machine tapping in to a huge population. Thailand with a population of about 68m was NEVER going to replace the UK, whereas China with 1.4b folk would be the perfect place to promote a sport which has lost a of it's popularity in the UK in recent times.

Leave a comment:

• golferson123
    replied

it cant be a pay thing they are snapping up grand cues, just doesn't seem to have the atmosphere, too removed not close enough to the action

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X