2016 World Championship Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
    Can you get a stream of the qualifiers ?
    Try snookerroom or fromhot, you will always find a stream there.

Comment

I've tweeted a few of the BBC commentators, asking that if Thor Chuan Leong qualifies they can all refer to him as 'The Mighty Thor'.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
        Ahh poor Jimmy
        ( My original comment was a bit tongue in cheek re Jimmy always saying he still has a title in him - gotta love the guy though )
        If he actually got into some kind of shape and knuckled down, he might have half a chance in a weak year, but how you can lose to the likes of Gerard Greene and still claim to capable of winning the world championship against Robertson, Murphy, O'Sullivan et al - he must realise he's past it.

Comment

very very surprising to see jimmy bottle it. who would have thought that?
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            If he actually got into some kind of shape and knuckled down, he might have half a chance in a weak year, but how you can lose to the likes of Gerard Greene and still claim to capable of winning the world championship against Robertson, Murphy, O'Sullivan et al - he must realise he's past it.
            I think he just says he can still win it to keep himself motivated and stay in the game.
            He is a true legend and will always be remembered by the people --- whatever bold claims he makes

Comment

a true bottler and wig wearer
              Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              I think he just says he can still win it to keep himself motivated and stay in the game.
              He is a true legend and will always be remembered by the people --- whatever bold claims he makes

Comment

Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                Haha, well there's truth in that but he's still one of the most popular players of all time.

Comment

He may have bottled the odd world final, but he's still won everything else in the game, which is more than most players could hope to achieve.

I'm delighted my inaugural World Championship visit was to see Jimmy in what turned out to be his last hurroo. I wonder what sort of reception he'd get if he qualifies next year? There must be a lot of younger fans don't really know him.

Comment

about a most banal statement as you can make from someone with a high break of 39, you feel qualified to pass judgment on someone who has played the game to the highest standard. i have watched jimmy fail in his attempts to win the worlds and admittedly he was to blame in some but others he lost as it was the other blokes day, but 6 finals dont make a bottler

Comment

Jimmy is the end of a leg.

Comment

Sorry what is the qualification to comment? It's a forum. He's a bottler and a wig wearer.

Comment

And he hasn't played it to the highest standard - ronnie higgins and hendry's standard was higher. Jimmys bottling was of a higher standard as was his fatness and wigginess.

Comment

Who's Ronnie Higgins?

Comment

Sorry what is the qualification to comment? It's a forum. He's a bottler and a wig wearer.
                              And he hasn't played it to the highest standard - ronnie higgins and hendry's standard was higher. Jimmys bottling was of a higher standard as was his fatness and wigginess.
                              Safe to say you're not a Jimmy fan then! Did he steal your toys when you were kids?

He's done more for the game than most but played in an era when there were greater players most notably Hendry. Yes, maybe he's past his sell-by date but he doesn't deserve your insults!

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                                Safe to say you're not a Jimmy fan then! Did he steal your toys when you were kids?

He's done more for the game than most but played in an era when there were greater players most notably Hendry. Yes, maybe he's past his sell-by date but he doesn't deserve your insults!
                                Of course he does! He's had a 39 break lol

Comment

Working...
                                X