Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016/2017 World Snooker Calendar of Events

Hello everyone!

I know we are in the thick of the World Championship, but outside at the front of the Crucible is a stand-up poster of next season's events and dates.

I have done a small piece on my website regarding the list...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-2017-...of-events.html

Hey,

thanks for the info. Now this is looking seriously good. So many tournaments, since the end of September, there is barely snooker-free week, except the end of the year. The calendar is pretty busy for a whole season, I think we will see more and more players picking the events they will attend, which might be good for lower ranked players.
    Only thing that worries me and I think it was a case this season already, quantity does not mean quality, for a few events, there were not as dominant performence as we have seen before. Lets see ....

Comment

Pot Quiz

Yes, we moan when they don't cover a match or it's not on the red button 24 hours a day, and I appreciate this kind of thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but this and all the 'between frames' Winter Gardens stuff is why the BBC's snooker coverage is second to none.

Oops, wrong thread.
      Last edited by Billy; 18 April 2016, 03:55 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Obviously the PTC events will no longer be, so no PTC grand final. If no World Grand Prix either will ITV4 cover one of the new events? I hope so. I think they do a good job.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
          Obviously the PTC events will no longer be, so no PTC grand final. If no World Grand Prix either will ITV4 cover one of the new events? I hope so. I think they do a good job.
          World Grand Prix and Snooker Shoot Out are still yet to be scheduled.
          They also say "Player Championship" is still to be scheduled, but without an actual Players Tour what will be the qualifying criteria for this event?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            World Grand Prix and Snooker Shoot Out are still yet to be scheduled.
            They also say "Player Championship" is still to be scheduled, but without an actual Players Tour what will be the qualifying criteria for this event?
            You have to write in with a tiebreaker: "I should be in the Players Championship because..."

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
              You have to write in with a tiebreaker: "I should be in the Players Championship because..."
              "...in twenty words or less..."

Comment

Originally Posted by thecueview View Post
                Hello everyone!

I know we are in the thick of the World Championship, but outside at the front of the Crucible is a stand-up poster of next season's events and dates.

I have done a small piece on my website regarding the list...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-2017-...of-events.html
                Thanks cueview!
                With The Paul Hunter being an open event - Do you know how to enter and how much the entry fee is?
                Any info would be great!
                :snooker:
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Looking at the Calendar I can't see which are the 18 ranking events that Hearn is on about - maybe the Masters will be ranked?

Comment

Riga Open
                    Indian Open
                    China Championship
                    Paul Hunter Classic
                    Shanghai Masters
                    European Championship
                    English Open
                    International Open
                    Irish Open
                    UK Championship
                    Scottish Open
                    German Masters
                    Welsh Open
                    Australian Open? (may not happen & no date set as yet)
                    World Grand Prix (no date set as yet)
                    Gibraltar Open
                    China Open
                    World Championship

Comment

Oh, we're off to Gib again, fantastic.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Thanks for that Dean, I hadn't counted the Gibraltar event as I noted it was only scheduled for three days and thought that can't be a ranking event. Will the Paul hunter classic continue as a minor ranking event or a full ranking event? With no PCT's will minor ranking events still take place or are all 18 full ranking events?

Comment

2016/2017 World Snooker Calendar of Events

not heard any called minor now.
                          I think they count them all as full ranking events just some lower esteem with lower prize fund and shorter matches

Comment

Will us Freeview viewers have to wait another 5 months or so now to watch another tournament? Do we know which of the new tournaments ITV4 will be covering?

Comment

I believe they are still under contract to show Player Championship, Champion of Champions, World Grand Prix, and Snooker Shoot Out

Comment

Working...
                              X