New professionals in action this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New professionals in action this week

A number of debut professionals are playing their first professional matches this week. This may be the start of something big for them. Good luck to them all.

Yan Bingtao - just 16yo, born in 2000, was due to turn pro last summer but had been too young to gain a visa. In action v Andrew Higginson (indian open), Ben Woollaston (world open) and Mitchell Mann (riga masters).

Boonyarit Kaettikun - 20yo Thai who won World u21 championships. Not entered Riga Masters but first match is v Robert Milkins in IO followed by Mike Dunn in WO.

Josh Boileau 20 yo from Kildare, doesn't seem to be playing in IO but first match will be Matthew Stevens in WO then Chen Zhe in RM.

Wang Yuchen, young Chinese player, who won Asian u21 championship. First match v Xiao Guodong in IO, then Jamie Jones in WO then Michael Georgiou in RM.

Fang Xiongman, qualified through Q School 1. Makes his debut v Stephen Maguire in WO then v same player in RM. Tough start. Not playing in IO.

Christopher Keogan. Qualified through Q School 1. IO v Martin Gould. WO v Tom Ford and v Hammad Miah in RM.

Jamie Barrett. Qualified through Q School 2. Only entered Riga Masters where he plays Jamie Jones.

Kurt Dunham, Australian, Oceania Nomination. IO v Joe Swail, Xiao Guodong in WO and Ian Burns in RM. Could have been worse.

Zhao Xintong, born 1997, Chinese. Great things are expected. World amateur runner up. Plays Tom Ford in IO, Barry Hawkins in WO and Itaro Santos in RM.

The other new pro, Asian Champion Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn from Thailand hasn't entered any of the three events. Not sure what sort of role he'll play in 16/17?

Think there is someone named Akani S. frim Thailand too. If i am not wrong, he won an Asian U-21 championship.
    My personal favorite is Zhao XinTong. He reminds me of Jimmy White and goes for shots like him. Feels he can win a World Championship if he curbs his aggressiveness and practise and play more controlled snooker. Cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
      Think there is someone named Akani S. frim Thailand too. If i am not wrong, he won an Asian U-21 championship.
      Akani Songsermsawad won the Asian U-21 in 2015.
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Well played Zhao Xintong who held his nerve after Ford came back from 0-3 to 3-3. Ford also 47 points up in the decider but the young Chinese player came through to win his first professional match 4-3.

Comment

Great update mick745 and thanks mythman69 for the data. Hope Zhao XinTong will live up to his promise.

Comment

Does anyone know if this is streamed anywhere?
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

18 year old Wang Yuchen lost his opening professional match 2-4 to Xiao Guodong.

Comment

Akani Songsermsawad beat Ben Woollaston 4-3. Did you see the position of the black and pink ball surrounded by reds?

sunny in action2.jpg
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Haha.....how did they manage to get out of that mess? Haha

Comment

where did you get that image from?
                    any streaming?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Christopher Keogan lost his match 1-4 to Martin Gould. Yan Bingtao in action today, v excited to see how he gets on.

Comment

I saw the image on Twitter. Ben Woollaston sunk the black by mistake. Opps.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                          I saw the image on Twitter. Ben Woollaston sunk the black by mistake. Opps.
                          Thanks for the update Mythman69.

Comment

Yan Bingtao defeated 2-4 to Andrew Higginson. Boonyarit Keattikun lost 1-4 to Robert Milkins.

Comment

David Lilley, who just missed out to Chen Zhe in the 1st Qschool, beat Tang Penfei (ranked 37) 4-3 on a re-spotted black after being 67-0 up.
                              Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Comment

Working...
                              X