Snooker brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker brexit

They're talking about how leaving Europe will affect sports on Sky Sports News.

They're saying that if we leave Europe , they might play less European tournaments. Any truth to this? They didn't really go into any detail. They spent more time discussing how it would affect Rugby League.

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post

They're saying that if we leave Europe , they might play less European tournaments. Any truth to this? They didn't really go into any detail. They spent more time discussing how it would affect Rugby League.
    The amateurs will play less tournaments in Europe next year; that's the beef snookerbacker and Smurf have with WS. Not sure if you mean pro tournaments? Would there be less pro tournaments?

Comment

Can't see how it would make any difference at all .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
        The amateurs will play less tournaments in Europe next year; that's the beef snookerbacker and Smurf have with WS. Not sure if you mean pro tournaments? Would there be less pro tournaments?
        I don't really mean anything.

They were talking about how it will affect different sports. Basically it was five minutes of rugby analysis, then two seconds where they went; "There'll be less snooker tournaments in Europe." I wondered if anybody had any more information.

I noticed SB and Smurph having a go at World Snooker. Is that what it was about?t

Comment

I don't think it is related....nor I don't see why there would be less tournaments.

The SB/Smurf initiative is an excellent project and I hope it will be approved by the Board. They really need to boost the amateur scene.
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post

Scare mongering... Wouldn't make an ounce of difference. If leaving Europe(brexit) it would not affect any pro sports tournaments. If it did, Andy Murray would win Wimbledon every year!!!

Comment

If it's scare mongering, seems odd they'd pick on a sport like snooker. I can't imagine there's anybody watching at home that'll be swayed that by the idea that there'll be less amateur tournaments on the continent.

Comment

I think it is about the rights to show things not the actual competitions themselves.....
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

On the issue of immigration, have a read of this article please, it's very informative.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...orwegian-model

I have some sympathy with the Leave campaign on the question of immigration but it seems that immigration could actually be worse if we leave than stay. This sounds crazy at first but if you read the article you may understand why: principally because we wouldn't be able to negotiate exceptions such as the 'no benefits' for new immigrants Cameron got for the UK. We'd also have no say on many aspects of Euro law and policy that we'd have to incorporate into our own law anyway because the EU won't budge on this if we leave, we'll negotiate and compromise, because that's how negotiations go with a big block and smaller country and we'll pay into the EU as Norway does and we'll be in the same position or close to that we have now, except we'll have no say. That's what Leave won't address and it's something voters should pay attention to. You're not voting to just leave if that's your inclination, you should be voting for a better alternative. That alternative needs to be credible and possible for you to vote yes, or you are simply risking your future on an outside bet.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
                    On the issue of immigration, have a read of this article please, it's very informative.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...orwegian-model

I have some sympathy with the Leave campaign on the question of immigration but it seems that immigration could actually be worse if we leave than stay. This sounds crazy at first but if you read the article you may understand why: principally because we wouldn't be able to negotiate exceptions such as the 'no benefits' for new immigrants Cameron got for the UK. We'd also have no say on many aspects of Euro law and policy that we'd have to incorporate into our own law anyway because the EU won't budge on this if we leave, we'll negotiate and compromise, because that's how negotiations go with a big block and smaller country and we'll pay into the EU as Norway does and we'll be in the same position or close to that we have now, except we'll have no say. That's what Leave won't address and it's something voters should pay attention to. You're not voting to just leave if that's your inclination, you should be voting for a better alternative. That alternative needs to be credible and possible for you to vote yes, or you are simply risking your future on an outside bet.
                    That newspaper article on Norway and Switzerland make for a very informative read. I hope some of those voters who are undecided take a gander since I know it won't sway the hardcore Exit people who have been touting the Noway model.
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

sorry, I thought this thread is SPECIFCALLY about Remain/Leave EU in regards to snooker?
                      have I missed something?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        sorry, I thought this thread is SPECIFCALLY about Remain/Leave EU in regards to snooker?
                        have I missed something?
                        jeez...sorry!
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Sales of snooker related stuff from UK will increase. Great opportunity for buyers from mainland EU, especially now that pound has lost a bit of value compared to other major currencies.

Comment

Working...
                          X