X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorhead
    replied
    Originally Posted by jefftanwx View Post
    He might be referring to Shaun's rebuttal on Ding's comment which says that all the top players are still finding their feet for the season while Shaun feels all pro owes it to their fans to be fully prepared.

Shaun has always been critical of Ronnie's event selection.
    ah, I didn't know about those comments. Very likely it's about that then. And Ronnie has the face to make such remarks for this lol...

Leave a comment:

• Tommykiid
    replied
    World Open 2016 - Discussion

been watching the highlights over the last few day and it could just be me but the audience seems to have to be told off for things quite often in this competition

Leave a comment:

• jefftanwx
    replied
    He might be referring to Shaun's rebuttal on Ding's comment which says that all the top players are still finding their feet for the season while Shaun feels all pro owes it to their fans to be fully prepared.

Shaun has always been critical of Ronnie's event selection.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
    He tweeted again that's on and off the table
    Wow he should look in the mirror !
    Ronnie is the only classless pro

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
    Yup saw it... awful.

Leave a comment:

• Crixus
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    We have had quite a few surprises in this tournament, but all eight quarter-finalists are here on merit and there should be some good snooker over the weekend. I think all four pairs tomorrow have a clear favourite, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get some more surprises. :biggrin:

Murphy seems to be in great scoring form in this tournament, winning all of his matches comfortably so far. His thrashing of Maflin was impressive yesterday, and I think Perry has a very tough job here. Perry has actually never beaten Murphy in any major match, and their 2nd round match at the Crucible last year was very one sided, almost finishing with a session to spare.

Robertson was impressive yesterday as well, and he too has won all of his matches comfortably. But then again, so has David Gilbert. This is actually only the second time Gilbert has reached a major quarter-final, following his run to the final of the International Championship last season. He scored more than 300 points without reply at the start of his match against Zhang yesterday, so it will be interesting to see if he can put Robertson under a bit of pressure.

Nice to see Carter back in another major quarter-final, but he will have a difficult job against a very solid Higgins here, especially considering their head-to-head, which strongly favours Higgins. Carter is a great fighter though, coming back from 4-2 behind to beat Wells yesterday, so Higgins won't have it easy either.

McGill against Un-Nooh is a very intriguing prospect. Un-Nooh finished his whitewash of McManus with two centuries yesterday, while McGill made three big breaks at the end of his match against Selt as well. McGill has actually never reached a major semi-final outside of the short format, while Un-Nooh was a semi-finalist in the International Championship last season, but of course McGill's recent win in India makes him the favourite here. It should be a quick and high-scoring game in any case.

Quick prediction:

Murphy v. Perry 5-2
    Robertson v. Gilbert 5-3
    Higgins v. Carter 5-3
    McGill v. Un-Nooh 5-3

Should be a good day of snooker. :smile:
    I bet the bookies loved these predictions

Leave a comment:

• Tommykiid
    replied
    Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
    tweet attack

Ronnie O'Sullivan
    @ ronnieo147
    Ding will always have more class then Murphy will ever have

Leave a comment:

• Big Splash!
    replied
    Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
    tweet attack

Ronnie O'Sullivan
    @ ronnieo147
    Does he mean the snooker that Ding plays, rather than anything personal?

But yeah, as a player, the snooker and as a man, Ronnie is right. I very much doubt if we'll ever see Ding asking the ref to dock a frame because his opponent had to step out the arena to get a cube of chalk.

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    ROS is probbaly the least liked pro on the circuit (by his pairs) so I'm sure many fellow players will look at this like "here we go again...", raising their eyebrows.

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    Ludicrous, agree. Don't know how he can thow in such an uncalled statement and of course he's gonna let it as it is giving no further explaination whatsoever. Knowing Murphy I doubt he's even gonna bother replying.

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    Another brainfart from Ronnie...If there is ONE thing you cannot blame Murphy for is being classless on and off the table. He has a strong character but calling him classless....Ludicrous statement to me (and I have never been a Murphy fan whatsoever but I can appreciate his game and talent).

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    tweet attack

Ronnie O'Sullivan
    @ ronnieo147

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    Captain!! Long due! Gutted for Murphy, didn't see it coming really. anyone saw the match?

edit: just announced on ES they are going to broadcast Murphy's match after Robbo's over.
    Last edited by motorhead; 29 July 2016, 02:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GET
    replied
    Carter vs Un-Nooh will be very interesting match tomorrow, they both in very good form. I can't guess who will win.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    As expected, we got a couple more surprises. :wink:

I didn't expect Higgins to be so out of sorts this morning, he missed all kinds of balls. Carter did very well to take advantage. I think this is Carter's first major semi-final in more than two years. Not one of the favourites before the tournament started, but it looks like he is back to his old self. :smile:

I originally intended to watch McGill against Un-Nooh live on the Eurosport player, but I overslept and only saw what Eurosport showed us. A great result for Un-Nooh, with his first major final a realistic possibility now. :smile:

A decent morning all in all, although I was hoping for two close matches. One thing that annoyed me though was Studd and Johnson referring to Zhu Ying as Peggy Lee for some reason, a number of times. They look nothing alike!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X