A welcome return for Ronnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A welcome return for Ronnie

I'm sure most of you will be happy to see Ronnie back playing in the tour.

Home Nations Series to start in October.

Article from BBC Sport : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/37109235

Jesus, he's actually going to China; twice! Plus playing lots of tournaments. Goodness, what has come over the lad, I mean figurehead? :biggrin-new: Oh yeah, his ranking has slipped to 10th and he won't make the Masters if he carries on like he is. Good to see him back. That should save a lot of folk having to pay £50 to see him and £100 a frame to play him, at least some of the time.

On the downside, we will have to endure the 'I'm playing terrible and life is dreadful' interviews. :chargrined:
    Last edited by Big Splash!; 14 September 2016, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
      Jesus, he's actually going to China; twice! Plus playing lots of tournaments. Goodness, has come over the lad, I mean figurehead? Oh yeah, his ranking has slipped to 10th and he won't make the Masters if he carries on like he is. :biggrin-new: Good to see him back. That should save a lot of folk having to pay £50 to see him and £100 a frame to play him, at least some of the time.
      Haha, yes indeed going to China !!!
      Barry Hearn must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse
      Like him or hate him it will add a lot of interest - the lad can still pull the crowds.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
        Haha, yes indeed going to China !!!
        Barry Hearn must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse
        Like him or hate him it will add a lot of interest - the lad can still pull the crowds.
        The Chinese sponsors must be punting him some large back-door dough, maybe 20-30k just for turning up. I think he said that Django had arranged something similar in the past in China. I love the guy and I've nearly finished his book 'Running' which has some fascinating insights about the game, how to play it, and his life. I'd recommend this book to all snooker players. But he's still his worst enemy at times, the biggest chav cockwomble in snooker, just as Alex was back in the day. But you gotta love Ronnie, he's a naughty talented boy! Who prefers a run to a game of snooker, bizarrely.

Comment

The Chinese sponsors must be punting him some large back-door dough, maybe 20-30k just for turning up. I think he said that Django had arranged something similar in the past in China. I love the guy and I've nearly finished his book 'Running' which has some fascinating insights about the game, how to play it, and his life. I'd recommend this book to all snooker players. But he's still his worst enemy at times, the biggest chav cockwomble in snooker, just as Alex was back in the day. But you gotta love Ronnie, he's a naughty talented boy! Who prefers a run to a game of snooker, bizarrely.
          True yes regards the Chinese - they'll line his pockets too a bit for sure.
          Lol @ chav Ronnie.
          Hope he plays well though.

Comment

True yes regards the Chinese - they'll line his pockets too a bit for sure.
            Lol @ chav Ronnie.
            Hope he plays well though.
            Me too mate, when he's on song, there's few as joyful to watch.

Here's one. The Hendry walkout was his third attempt. He'd tried to walkout on Davis and Jimmy (when 4-1 up) but failed and saw Hendry as his big chance. lol

There's one in every playground.
            Last edited by Big Splash!; 14 September 2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Me too mate, when he's on song, there's few as joyful to watch.

Here's one. The Hendry walkout was his third attempt. He'd tried to walkout on Davis and Jimmy (when 4-1 up) but failed and saw Hendry as his big chance. lol

There's one in every playground.
              Un-Nooh is becoming a favourite of mine nowadays - bit more ringcraft he could take the game by its Aramiths ( balls )...
              Seeing as the likes of Judd cant handle it.

Never knew he tried a walkout of Davis and Jimmy - Hendry one was a biggie lols

Comment

Jesus, he's actually going to China; twice! Plus playing lots of tournaments. Goodness, what has come over the lad, I mean figurehead? :biggrin-new: Oh yeah, his ranking has slipped to 10th and he won't make the Masters if he carries on like he is.
                He's the Masters champion, so there's no danger of him not making the tournament.

Comment

Un-Nooh is becoming a favourite of mine nowadays - bit more ringcraft he could take the game by its Aramiths ( balls )...
                  Seeing as the likes of Judd cant handle it.

Never knew he tried a walkout of Davis and Jimmy - Hendry one was a biggie lols
                  There's an explanation of his 'mad moments' in his book, including the shaving of his head mid-worlds. Towel on the head against Mark King is very funny. Along the lines of

''I was playing Mark King. Some players you can watch and enjoy and think: 'You know what, I'm getting a pasting here, but I've got the best seat in the house' - Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, and you're going you know that this geeza's class, but I'm playing Mark King and there's nothing good about watching him play.

He probably knows he's a hacker. He's not one of those who thinks he's brilliant. He's honest and open. He knows he's done unbelievably well for the talent he's got. He's a bit of a banger. He's got no touch. But he's more fight and spirit in him than anyone in the game. Having said that, sitting there and watching him play isn't a dream day out.

Everything he does is wrong; the way the stands, the way he holds his bridge hand, the way he flicks it in, there's nothing smooth about the way he plays. So, no disrespect to Mark, okay, a bit of disrespect to Mark - I had to put the wet towel over my head so that I didn't see it. And I was afraid I'd be able to see him through the towel. So, as I put it over my head I thought, Christ, can I still see him? But I couldn't, thankfully........................................ .........

.................................There are loads I can't bear watching. In some ways that's why I wish I was **** because then I wouldn't notice all their faults. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so aware of what makes certain players good and certain players bad.''

He ain't seen INMB yet though...

Anyway, everyone should read his book, so go get a copy now!
                  Last edited by Big Splash!; 14 September 2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                    He's the Masters champion, so there's no danger of him not making the tournament.
                    Damn, apologies for that, forgot their rule about reigning champ. So if he were to drop out the 16, 16th in the world stays at home grumpy. I think this has happened recently but I can't remember the exact case. Did it involve Ronnie?
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 14 September 2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

He's going to China because he'll be picking up a 100 big ones to pretend to lose at pool like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgyAbL02ZA

Comment

Damn, apologies for that, forgot their rule about reigning champ. So if he were to drop out the 16, 16th in the world stays at home grumpy. I think this has happened recently but I can't remember the exact case. Did it involve Ronnie?
                        If I'm not mistaken, it was because of the Captain's frozen ranking that meant number 16 missed out...

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan-cat View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken, it was because of the Captain's frozen ranking that meant number 16 missed out...
                          Cheers bud, forgot your Island credentials. :biggrin-new: When was the last year when they could invite folk at their discretion? Was Jimmy the last non-16 player to attend?

Comment

Cheers bud, forgot your Island credentials. :biggrin-new: When was the last year when they could invite folk at their discretion? Was Jimmy the last non-16 player to attend?
                            Hehe do those credentials transfer over here then? I do remember Jimmy being a wild card, yes... B + H probably insisted on him being there

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan-cat View Post
                              Hehe do those credentials transfer over here then? I do remember Jimmy being a wild card, yes... B + H probably insisted on him being there
                              I guess it depends how much curry and fart jokes you make. Hang on, you're not fan! lol

I can imagine B&H insisting that their best customer attended. Jimmy and Alex must have sold a lot of packs in their time.
                              Last edited by Big Splash!; 14 September 2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X