No announcement yet.

European Qualifiers @ Preston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think he has really done a great deal since he won the Worlds . Hopefully he can capture a bit of form soon .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Glad if he drops down the rankings. His ranking stays up due to money in one tournament, not form and wins since. They need to revert back to points per tournament. Money ranking is unfair , it doesn't reflect how players perform most of the year and it favours the top 16 to keep their places as they don't even have to qualify, just win one match at the Crucible and suddenly, their ranking takes on a lot of fat.
      Last edited by Neil Taperell; 29 September 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

How would pts instead of £ make it better tho? Didn't WC used to award more pts than other Majors... Who performs well at WC would still have a good bulk of pts despite stalling over the year(s)

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Don't think he has really done a great deal since he won the Worlds . Hopefully he can capture a bit of form soon .
          I wonder whether there are any TUEs in pro snooker? Hmmm.

Comment

anyone got a live link for the ronnie match?

Comment

It looks like Ronnie is about to go 2-0 down. It's best of 11 though so hopefully he can come back. My household has eurosport, yet I can't watch this eurosport player, not sure whether to stump up £7 or not.

Comment

2nd frame 58 - 62 , and there is still 43 points available !
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  2nd frame 58 - 62 , and there is still 43 points available !
                  Ah yes, Ronnie came back in that frame, now 2-1 to Ronnie.

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                    How would pts instead of £ make it better tho? Didn't WC used to award more pts than other Majors... Who performs well at WC would still have a good bulk of pts despite stalling over the year(s)
                    They did but they didn't award ten times the amount of points for the WSC compared to the Welsh Open. That's effectively what happens now with cash.

Comment

I think you got double points for the worlds, but the ranking list was done every two years, I could be wrong though.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I think you got double points for the worlds, but the ranking list was done every two years, I could be wrong though.
                        I think the Worlds should be double for triple but not ten times as it is with cash. I like rolling ranking compared to every two years. The problem they've created for themselves is that if the pot isn't big, the players won't attend because they're thinking, not much cash and not much cash points towards my ranking. If they made even the lowest comp worth the same as say the UK, players would attend and the smaller tournaments would grow.

Comment

I think there are merits to both systems, the ranking list being done every two years gives new pros on the tour a bit of breathing space to get used to it and find their feet, instead of their position being under threat from the get go.
                          I do think your point about the tourneys all being made equal has some merit, although have the majors not always been worth more?
                          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 29 September 2016, 10:24 PM.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            I think there are merits to both systems, the ranking list being done every two years gives new pros on the tour a bit of breathing space to get used to it and find their feet, instead of their position being under threat from the get go.
                            I do think your point about the tourneys all being made equal has some merit, although have the majors not always been worth more?
                            Was the UK worth x1.5 and the Worlds worth x2? Maybe someone can help us with this. I think it's sad when players can't be bothered to enter the German Masters etc. That needs addressing for the good of the game in Europe and also Asia. We need to grow the game in these places and players not turning up really takes the pee out of the game and fans in those countries.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                              Was the UK worth x1.5 and the Worlds worth x2? Maybe someone can help us with this.
                              Around 10 years ago it was 8000 points for winning the WC, 6000 for the UK and 4000 for the standard ranking events. The numbers were increased slightly in the final years of the points system. I think the latest version was 10000 for the WC, 8000 for the UK (might have been the same for the International Championship) and 7000 for the other events (including the disgrace that was the 2010 World Open). For a while the Welsh Open was the only event worth 5000 points, as it had significantly lower prize money than the others, and eventually shorter matches as well. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                                I wonder whether there are any TUEs in pro snooker? Hmmm.

Would Beta Blockers count ?

Comment

Working...
                                X