No announcement yet.

European Qualifiers @ Preston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since it's the biggest tournament obviously the World Championship should be more worth than the other tournaments. No issue with this. As well as with the UK Championship being next in this row.
    It's rather the question how long you keep points in the ranking. Right now it is a 2-years-ranking. I don't have a issue with this. Especially earlier, when there were just a handful of ranking events in a year. But this season with 19 ranking events it maybe would make more sense to go with a one-year-ranking? But on the other hand you can make an argument that players who showed their strength over a longer time should be awarded for this with being higher up in the ranking. Right now though Bingham surely doesn't feel like a number 2 in the world. BTW: If you already drop out all the points (or pounds) of the 2014/15 season, when he captured the world title, as it will be at the end of the year and just count the points of the 2015/16 season as well as the current season, Bingham would be all the way down to #16. He still has got time to right the ship again.

Comment

Heard a commentator saying in one of the matches that there is going to be some big money tournaments in China very soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
        Heard a commentator saying in one of the matches that there is going to be some big money tournaments in China very soon.
        would that be the one already in place for early November? Anymore anyone heard of?
        China Championship with £200K winner prize
        http://www.worldsnooker.com/new-even...d-prize-money/
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          would that be the one already in place for early November? Anymore anyone heard of?
          China Championship with £200K winner prize
          http://www.worldsnooker.com/new-even...d-prize-money/
          That could be the one yes. Its going to get bigger they say, worlds is going up too.
          I wonder if / how it will affect the mindset and game of the players - chasing the big amounts.

Comment

yep seen the WSC up as well.
            The thing is they must roll-down the prize listing greater amounts as well. How many of the recent interviews on CueSport.Club has the pro said the lower levels of prize money needs to be better and the big gaps between the places needs to be narrower.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              yep seen the WSC up as well.
              The thing is they must roll-down the prize listing greater amounts as well. How many of the recent interviews on CueSport.Club has the pro said the lower levels of prize money needs to be better and the big gaps between the places needs to be narrower.
              I agree there. All well and good for the top players but for the up and coming and mid range -- more difficult.
              Its very debatable.

Comment

Fraser Patrick was pretty pissed off on Twitter after his match against Fergie O'Brien. Looks like he was dragged to the ground by Fergie's legendary slowliness and antics (cleaning the ball every two shots, go up and down on the shot 7/8 times, etc.). Was calling for a shot clock to prevent matches like this one to last hours...

https://twitter.com/fraserp147/with_replies
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Fraser: It's a learning curve. You have to adapt to the situation or take it by the reigns and dictate the matches. Basically you let your emotions get to you...

Comment

' He was on 31 earlier on and had had the white cleaned 7 times, took 7mins to pot 4 balls 1 frame'

That's a joke , the Ref should have the balls [ pardon the pun ! ] to tell him no !
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Not really blaming Frazz here, playing in those conditions are just excruciating. I have nothing against a player taking more time to decide on a difficult shot or escape/safety shot but on each shot or so......this is ridiculous.
                      People should stop calling for sour grapes or whatever when you lose. Sometimes reasons are really legit.
                      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        ' He was on 31 earlier on and had had the white cleaned 7 times, took 7mins to pot 4 balls 1 frame'

That's a joke , the Ref should have the balls [ pardon the pun ! ] to tell him no !
                        If thats the case then yes, its unsporting and unnecessary.
                        Must be a b1tch to play against.

He makes a good point here too :
                        fraser patrick ‏@fraserp147 14h14 hours ago

@snookerbacker @AshDawson147 @mikedunn147 rod is slow on the shot but doesn't mess about, sees the shot and plays it

Comment

I think we've all played against that type of players and we know full well are painful it is Last year in my league, a best of 5 matches lasted once 3h30 and went down to the very last black or something like this...with a top break of 15 Needless to say the players who were waiting to play were bored to death

Comment

Was there Tuesday night and weds day.

Had a great time.

Loads of high scoring on weds.

Murphy and the 147 was great, didn't spot he on for it till 80 as was watching the final frame between edbon and dale that took so long to get to.

The nudge on the red to flick it out and then the double was great.

Loved the colours and Shaun's style overall. Didn't get a signature or to say hi but meet loads of players at the venue.

Told Hawkins about the time I won a 100 to 1 bet with his loss to Bond from 5-1 up and he said cheers mate thanks for reminding me of that and Mark Allen was kissing himself.

Most of the lower ranked players are nice and chatted.

Bumped into Luca and his mum on the town later on and had a nice chat. She is friendly and he was ok if a bit aloof.

Some hot lady refs as well, hopefully they are all at event city for the uk soon.

Comment

Can you add pics in this forum?

If not I will do a flick album and post linl

Comment

Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                                Can you add pics in this forum?

If not I will do a flick album and post linl
                                Dean is helpful in the picture posting department.

Comment

Working...
                                X