X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Masters 2016

Started today .

Who do we think is going to win this ?

Murphy was playing well last week , so probably will go with him .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Dunno who's gonna win but boy, that first match on telly between Carter and McGill is top draw! A real game of snooker with big breaks, very sound tactical play, great snookers.....You have to admire Ant's composure here, he's so cool under pressure. That 107 to force a decider was superb but his atempt to get back from the snooker stage in the 4th frame was very well executed as well. A real fighter a la Selby. Top 16 material for sure...
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Honestly I have no idea.
      Murphy for sure is a good candidate. But I wouldn't be too surprised if we get a surprise winner here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
        Dunno who's gonna win but boy, that first match on telly between Carter and McGill is top draw! A real game of snooker with big breaks, very sound tactical play, great snookers.....You have to admire Ant's composure here, he's so cool under pressure. That 107 to force a decider was superb but his atempt to get back from the snooker stage in the 4th frame was very well executed as well. A real fighter a la Selby. Top 16 material for sure...
        Indeed a pretty good match. McGill ultimately wins 4-3.

Comment

Pity one of these two has to go home but it at the end, the young Scot prevailed! Very fine match here, quality stuff.
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Very strong showing from John Higgins, beating Michael Holt 4:0 while making two centuries on the way.

Comment

Robertson / Dott match looked decent by the scoring .

Dott had 4 breaks over 50 and only won 2 frames !

Comment

Pretty good performance from Rhys Clark against David Grace, he pulled out some nice pots to win 4 -1, although he did miss a couple of 'sitters' on the way. After the match the ref, Proletina I think, measured the distance between green spot and green pocket:

-

I wonder if there was a complaint/query from one of the players?

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Never seen that before , I wouldn't even notice I don't think . Surely if it is out , it can't be out by much ?

Comment

European Masters 2016

Me neither, the official dimensions are the baulk line from the bottom cushion and the radius of the D. Of course geometrically there is a distance from spot to pocket but where do you measure at the pocket?
                    Interesting
                    Last edited by DeanH; 3 October 2016, 09:36 PM.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Don't know if it has been posted somewhere before but Judd Trump just mentionned in an interview he has been using a JP for 2-3 weeks now. So he dropped the Tyrone cue apparently.

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                        Don't know if it has been posted somewhere before but Judd Trump just mentionned in an interview he has been using a JP for 2-3 weeks now. So he dropped the Tyrone cue apparently.
                        literally just reading this
                        http://www.worldsnooker.com/trump-fi...-with-new-cue/
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Big splash will be in tears reading the great JT playing all those special shots with a new JP lol

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                            Honestly I have no idea.
                            Murphy for sure is a good candidate. But I wouldn't be too surprised if we get a surprise winner here.
                            So much for that...
                            Murphy exits in the first round, losing 1-4 to Mark Davis.

Comment

Scott Donaldson marches on after beating Luca Brecel 4 - 3. Bit of a scrappy affair, with Brecel playing his usual hit'hope brand of the game and Scott not looking quite as good as he did against Bingsy in the qualifiers, but I don't suppose he'll mind that. He goes on to play his compatriot Anthony McGill on Thursday afternoon, should be a good match that.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                              X