• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Open 2016

a scrappy match of unforced errors and steals
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Boongogg View Post
      If he did I would be able to tell the difference as Judd doesn't look like a Guinea pig staring through the port hole of a washing machine. (close call though)
      ........ Hahaha ...............

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        YEEESSSSSS my mate Chris shocking the snooker world, chuffed for him!
        His interview after if you missed it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy66YLPl3js

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          I missed the last frame The one that was 29-24 with one red on the table made me feel a bit better about my own game though

Has Splasher's favourite smiley also been banned for two weeks?
          Missing Mr Splashy already - although I am sure when he returns we will be informed about his new adoption of the Zhao technique he has adopted that has "centred" perfectly with his Zen lifestyle. ��

Comment

• Anthony Hamilton through to the quarters .....about time . Well done The Sheriff .

3-1 down , then breaks of 79 , 96 and 70 . Impressive Anthony .
            Last edited by Neil Taperell; 13 October 2016, 09:03 PM.
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Amazing mix of new and old in snooker currently. Great to see the new raw talent tackling the wily older pro. Much to be learnt for all eh!

Comment

• Another good result for Wakelin beating Guodong. There have been a lot of upsets but I guess that's the nature of best of 7's. I did think though that the later rounds would be longer matches. That's not a complaint though, I think it's ok. With so many tournaments like Ronnie said there's a possibility of burn out if all the tournaments are the longer format. I don't think it's right that they changed the UK championship so much though.

Comment

• It looks like Higgins is on good form, which is good to see, judging by the breaks he made.

Comment

• I'm still undecided on the shorter format, I think I like it, but it should draw out a bit more at the business end.

I did like Trump's comment about some of the tournaments having the dresscode and general atmosphere relaxed a bit. Somewhere between what is the norm and the shootout, which is a bit crap if you ask me. Just get people a little more relaxed, the shootout is forced and fake rowdiness.

Comment

I'm still undecided on the shorter format, I think I like it, but it should draw out a bit more at the business end.

I did like Trump's comment about some of the tournaments having the dresscode and general atmosphere relaxed a bit. Somewhere between what is the norm and the shootout, which is a bit crap if you ask me. Just get people a little more relaxed, the shootout is forced and fake rowdiness.
                      Yes I'm not sure either really, I don't think it's right that the quarters, semis and final are best of 7, why not say make the quarters best of 9, then the semis and final best of 11. Surely the final of a tournament called the English open should be over more frames. The calendar is very packed though and perhaps they just couldn't fit in more frames due to time constraints.

Comment

• The tournament before this the European Championship was best of 7's up to and including the quarter finals and the last 4 were O'Sullivan Robertson Trump and Selby,and their records are all pretty good in best of 7's.
                        Imo longer matches are a bit overrated.
                        Bit odd that each of these 'home nations events' are carrying more ranking prize money than the European Championship though.

Comment

• Is the final best of 7? That's ridiculous.

I'm OK with most of the calendar being short, but not best of 7 finals. Is there no break in the calendar between the big 4? Is there even a big 4 anymore? WC, UK, Masters and ????? I'm sure I read an article a while ago about shipping a big, long format competition overseas, good idea IMO.

Comment

Is the final best of 7? That's ridiculous.

I'm OK with most of the calendar being short, but not best of 7 finals. Is there no break in the calendar between the big 4? Is there even a big 4 anymore? WC, UK, Masters and ????? I'm sure I read an article a while ago about shipping a big, long format competition overseas, good idea IMO.
                            My mistake, QFs best of 9 frames, SFs best of 11 frames and Final best of 17 frames. I thought I'd heard that on TV. I'm looking forward now to the later stages.

Comment

• Personally, I think it's very sad that most of the season is now short-format crap. Best-of-7 matches have no place in tournaments that are being marketed as major ranking events. They are too short from a competitive point of view, and it must be awful for players having to travel to the other side of the world just to play a few frames. No wonder experiments such as the Brazil Masters failed so miserably...

Also, they are simply not as entertaining as the longer matches. I've never seen a single best-of-7 or shot-clock match mentioned in any of those "greatest matches" threads. Snooker fans have expressed their preference for longer matches every time the question has been asked, so it's difficult to understand why short matches are World Snooker's preferred format. Hopefully this trend is eventually reversed, but I'm not holding by breath...

Comment

Is the final best of 7? That's ridiculous.

I guess the fourth biggest tournament would be the international championship in China, going by prize money. I wish the crowds were bigger in China though. Apparently the tickets are expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X