Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kid is awesome!

Comment

Not since Hendry have I seen a young player show no nerves and actually seem to relish it,when playing the top boys.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I'm enjoying this performance from Zhao Xintong. He doesn't seem to care that he's playing O'Sullivan here... :smile:

Comment

English Open 2016

great play by Zhao
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

How is this young man so far down the rankings . Fantastic 80 break .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

How's Ronnie playing?

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                How is this young man so far down the rankings . Fantastic 80 break .
                New to the tour this year after being runner up in the IBSF World Championship (Pankaj Advani didn't take his winners ticket) so he started with zero points
                Last edited by DeanH; 12 October 2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

English Open 2016

brilliant match
                  shame Zhao missed that red to have a chance to maybe take the frame and match.
                  Ronnie played well but again no century.

Comment

"There's so many tournaments now you think 'I could do with a bit of a break'" - no sense of irony, has he?

Comment

Wow, what a match and what a day of snooker we've had. No matter your taste, there must have been something there to tickle your fancy. :tickled_pink:

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Blimey that was engrossing what a match some of these young players look fearless, zhao really had Ronnie under the kosh, that was enjoyable stuff, glad Ronnie came through.

Comment

What kind of odds do you think I'd get on Zhao winning the WC in the next 5 years?

Comment

There certainly looked like a sense of panic about Ron in the last couple of frames, although he wouldn't admit it. Managed to pull through once more as he has done many times - clearly part of why he's so successful. Terrific player Zhao though, he didn't seem phased one bit. Just a shame he lost his concentration at the end.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                              What kind of odds do you think I'd get on Zhao winning the WC in the next 5 years?
                              Its so hard to say. I mean Trump is probably the best junior since Ronnie and he's only reached one world final and is 27 now. Zhao no doubt has the talent but I always fear these youngsters never achieve what their talent deserves. For me he's so raw, a fantastic break builder, the best since Hendry for his age, but lacking so much in tactics and shot selection.

I guess it just depends how he develops, some keep making the same mistakes and never get the safety and tactical side of the game balanced with their attacking game, like Murphy for instance.

So calculating odds on a WC win in the next 5 years, I'd say now he's announced himself, the bookies aren't going to give you anything special. Maybe 33/1. I don't gamble so i'm just guessing. 5 years is a long time though.
                              Last edited by cueman; 13 October 2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                Its so hard to say. I mean Trump is probably the best junior since Ronnie and he's only reached one world final and is 27 now. Zhao no doubt has the talent but I always fear these youngsters never achieve what their talent deserves. For me he's so raw, a fantastic break builder, the best since Hendry for his age, but lacking so much in tactics and shot selection.

I guess it just depends how he develops, some keep making the same mistakes and never get the safety and tactical side of the game balanced with their attacking game, like Murphy for instance.

So calculating odds on a WC win in the next 5 years, I'd say now he's announced himself, the bookies aren't going to give you anything special. Maybe 33/1. I don't gamble so i'm just guessing. 5 years is a long time though.
                                Spot on cueman....I remember being at some events when Judd was a real youngster and demolishing everyone in sight....everyone thought he would dominate the pro game of course we didn't expect ROS, Higgins to remain as good for so long...also other good players improved massively such as Robertson and Selby. I do think the main hindrance now is players play each other so much the TV nerves don't exist like they used to giving the top players more of a headache. I still predict Judd and Ding will be up there ahead of Robertson and Selby when all is said and done.

Comment

Working...
                                X