Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
    She could respot my pink....
    Oh I say, steady on old chap, there are places one can frequent on a Firday night for that sort of thing. Anyway....back to stiff shafts and hard tips....

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
      She could respot my pink....
      The 1920s called - could you travel back in time to appear on a show marking the 50th anniversary of that joke?

Comment

• Originally Posted by nicky1982 View Post
        Andy Goldstein is doing a great job as presenter
        I agree . Except he talks over Jimmy and Neil and will ask Jimmy a question and then cut him off before he has had a chance to answer it .

Other than that he's good .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          I agree . Except he talks over Jimmy and Neil and will ask Jimmy a question and then cut him off before he has had a chance to answer it .

Other than that he's good .
          Yeah, I noticed that too. If you ask a question then let Jimmy answer it.
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• English Open 2016

Trump v Liang final
            never played beyond last 32 round and a 3-4 h2h to Liang
            difficult to call?
            Last edited by DeanH; 15 October 2016, 09:57 PM.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              Liang looking really good. Lovely total clearance then and looks like another early exit for Murphy. So tough now to win a tournament such is the depth of talent in the game.

I think Liang is on the verge of winning a big title soon. Seems to be able to play his A game now more and more and his scoring is as good as anyone.
              Not a bad prediction. I think he's overtaken Ding now as the best player in China. I think he has taken his game to another level in the last 12 months and I think if he wins this title he may go up another level again.

Trump has always said he's the best player he's ever seen in practice and you are starting to see why. Fantastic scorer and has a lot of bottle and determination and seems to be able to control himself better under pressure now. Hope its a cracking final tomorrow.

Comment

• Should be a cracking final, looking forward to it. I like Liang and I hope he wins, seems like a nice chap.

Comment

• English Open 2016

and who ever wins will be the only person who will have the £1M carrot in front of them for the next three nations events

Comment

• I'm surprised there has been so little discussion about today's matches, I thought they were decent entertainment. Tonight especially, with those three centuries in a row at the business end of the match. Liang really did play well from 4-2 down, probably better than Trump did to win the first semi-final.

It's the third two-session final of Liang's career. He ran into O'Sullivan and Robertson in the first two and didn't really have much chance, but tomorrow could be a different story. Obviously Trump has more experience at winning titles and is high on confidence at the moment, but I think Liang is playing well enough to win this one. I will go for a 9-7 in Liang's favour. :smile:

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    I think he's overtaken Ding now as the best player in China.
                    That's a little crazy... Ding has just won the Shanghai Masters and played very well to reach the World final at the end of last season, while Liang hasn't even won a major title yet. He does look good when he finds his form, but he can't realistically be compared to Ding until he wins something big. :wink:

Comment

Not a bad prediction. I think he's overtaken Ding now as the best player in China. I think he has taken his game to another level in the last 12 months and I think if he wins this title he may go up another level again.

Trump has always said he's the best player he's ever seen in practice and you are starting to see why. Fantastic scorer and has a lot of bottle and determination and seems to be able to control himself better under pressure now. Hope its a cracking final tomorrow.
                      Don't think so Cueman. Liang is having a purple patch and is playing some good snooker but I wouldn't say he's better than Ding. Ding has recently won the Shanghai Masters(beating the WC and world number 1 Slowlby) and prior to that a minor event 6 reds snooker tourney and he won them both playing his B game. Liang hasn't won anything but he is getting more consistent with his form and less dubious with his shot selection. If he beats Trump tomorrow and finally wins a tournament then he'll be the 2nd best player in China. Ding - 12 ranking tournaments, Liang - 0 ranking tournaments...

Comment

I really don't think he has overtaken Ding. Ding played really well to win the Shanghai Masters and Liang still has to prove he has the nerves to win a title. I just remember that a few weeks ago at the Shanghai Masters he had a match against O'Sullivan which he must have won, but threw it away. So far he still lacked consistency though overall his recent results suggest he is making quite a progress here.
                        Ding still is among the very best players in the world along with Selby, O'Sullivan, Robertson and maybe Trump. And he even made the final of the world championship this year.

I really hope Liang wins the title today though. Should give him a boost and maybe he proves in future that he belongs a tier higher than so far.

Comment

• anyone know where the Eurosport commentators get their stats from?
                          "they have played 6 times"... CueTracker has 7 times, LoveSnooker 3, and all the other sites I know of appear to be closed
                          Last edited by DeanH; 16 October 2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            anyone know where the Eurosport commentators get their stats from?
                            "they have played 6 times"... CueTracker has 7 times, LoveSnooker 3, and all the other sites I know of appear to be closed
                            Probably Wikipedia lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                              Probably Wikipedia lol
                              lol, no not Wikipedia but I have found out, various snooker-insiders personal data-collations.

Comment

• Good start to this final, unlucky for Judd there though.

Comment

Working...
                                X